Thin Weasel updated review

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
DrGiggles
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by DrGiggles »

ahhh... I learn something new everyday!

Luckily, I'm not allergic to much (other than work, taxes and door-to-door salesman). But we shall see about exotic woods... :smile:

Thanks,
Frank
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

Greg - What you said about your favorites being the ones you always play really hit home and is the ultimate test of "how good a whistle is." Wood looks beautiful and is matched cosmetically by high end metal whistles like Copelands. My first expensive whistle years ago was a cocobolo soprano D Thin Weasle that Glenn made for me; I still have it and it's fantastic. I switched to mainly metal because I just enjoy playing them more. I used to wince at plastic until I got my Silkstone PVC C - one of the best whistles I've ever played and I take it everywhere. I have a full set of Overtons by Colin Goldie and oddly when Colin was making my whistle and playing for me over the phone we shared admiration for the Silkstone PVC C which he was messing with as we spoke.
Whistles I'm never without - Burke Al-pro soprano D, Overton Bflat, Silkstone PVC C. How's that for rambling.
Grannymouse

Post by Grannymouse »

I wouldn't say I'm allergic to the wood but do notice some slight lip irritation after playing for an extended period. I really like the delrin fipple plugs but will try the clear nail polish bit.

BTW..for all you Weasel fans......Glenn has a birthday on the 13th of this month.....hope he won't shoot me for letting the cat out of the bag. Gm
DrGiggles

Post by DrGiggles »

Oh??? I ordered a whistle from him just recently (waiting for some cases to be made) made from Camotillo. (I complained earlier about playing a green or red silkstone... how about a purple and black whistle??).

Maybe I'll have to add a "birthday present" to my cheque. :smile:
Wandering_Whistler

Post by Wandering_Whistler »

Just as a FYI..I've played this whistle for up to 3 hours straight, and have had nary a reaction..

Lucky me! :smile:

Greg