What other keys?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

For the life of me I can't remember what other keys a Low A and Low G can play in.
I tried figureing out by ear and a tuner but luck.

I also want to humble myself on the message board. If you wander through the archives, you'll find a post from me about NOt succumbing to WhOA .

Owning a O'Riordan D/C set, and a Burke D Brass Pro - and Casey Burns wooden flute, that, that was all I ever needed to make life complete.

Well I orderd a Mike Burke Low G AL Pro and can't wait to get it.

My humble apologies to everyone.

Mark
Eldarion
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Eldarion »

I don't know if I'm answering your question but if you asking, relative to a D whistle where you can play G scale easily, what other scales can low G and low A whistle play easily? The answers are C and D respectively. I'm not sure if thats what you want to know though....
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Thanks Eldarion

That's what I wanted to know. I play with fiddlers that like playing Scottish fiddle tunes and they like the A key, but every once in a while they change keys on the go. And I want to be fore warned as to what I can do with any whistle I'm playing.

Mark
Wandering_Whistler

Post by Wandering_Whistler »

Dale has a large chart showing all of the cross keys that whistles of various keys will play in. Check it out here:
http://www.chiffandfipple.com/whistlekeys.html
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Wandering_Whistler

Thank you. It was 7am when I posted my question. Coffee was still brewing, and I was doing laundry- fifteen stories below. And since I have everything bookmarked and go immediately to the message board, I had a mental slip ---failure to visit the chiff and fipple home page to get my answer, where I send everybody else for knowledge and great wisdom conerning the instrument of the millennium.

Thanks again.

Mark
Wandering_Whistler

Post by Wandering_Whistler »

Mark
No excuses necessary! I merely thought it fateful, because if I recall correctly, that tinwhistle table is where Dale started that has led to the entire grandiose chiff-and-fipple affair :smile:
On 2001-07-29 16:30, MarkB wrote:
Coffee was still brewing, and I was doing laundry- fifteen stories below. And since I have everything bookmarked and go immediately to the message board, I had a mental slip ---failure to visit the chiff and fipple home page to get my answer,