has anyone ever used their whistle for evil?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

has anyone ever used their whistle for evil?

Post by mutepointe »

i'm looking for new good ideas for using a whistle for evil. i can get the oil changed in my car and my tires rotated a whole lot faster at the garage if i pull out my whislte while i'm waiting and play a few tunes. i'm not even hitting clunkers or skreechers so i don't know what their problem is. does anyone else do stuff like this?
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

Once, at 7:00 on a Saturday morning, I woke my brother (who normally sleeps until 1:00) by putting the whistle very close to his ear, blowing as hard as I could, and moving my fingers randomly and quickly.

It was funny. :twisted:
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
thirdfipple

uhhhmm

Post by thirdfipple »

The beagle is not thrilled with my 'virtuosity'. If I persist, especially in the 2nd register she leaves the room....time to pull the milk and oreos out (alone at last!). Mans gotta do what a mans gotta do. Excuse me while i dunk.....
Emrys
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Emrys »

Precisely. My cat, Sapphire, is on permanent "Feed me now, you idiot" mode. But she hates my high whistles. I think you get the picture. I too (though innocently) pulled at my whistle at a Firestone Tire store at 7 AM, waiting for my car to get an oil change. Come to think of it, it DID happen in record time. And, if you've ever experienced the sound of a Texas circada at the end of summer, well--it's ear splitting. I admit to playing late at night at high volumes in an attempt to drown them out. (Hands down, they won.)
FJohnSharp
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

I once used my Clark original to hunt weasels.
"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
(The people’s spirit is raised through culture)

Suburban Symphony
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

One of my ferrets, Jesse, reacts to the second octave of the whistle by climbing me like a tree, grabbing the end of the whistle in his teeth, and yanking it away from me. :o

He then will take it and hide it in his cache-o-stuff. :lol:

I sneakily recover the whistle and the saga starts over.

Lather, rinse, repeat. :twisted:

--James
Loren
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

At von Huene we had a professional recorder player come by one or more times a week, to spend time breaking in and giving feedback on the tuning and voicing of each new vH recorder being prepared for sale, this is part of the final tuning and voicing process at the shop.

Well, this otherwise very nice individual sometimes has a habit of repetitively tweedling away on any unusally sour high notes he happens to come across. That is to say, rather than just notating the problem and moving on, he will tend to play these notes over and over and over, even though he knows well enough that they aren't going to improve until someone else in the shop takes a knife or file to the instrument.

So, one day, this guy is working my last nerve with his noodling on a high second octave note on a SOPRANO recorder, and I snap: I grab my Abell Eb whistle, which I happened to have in my drawer at work, then I sneak up right behind the guy, and as soon as he takes a breath, I BLAST a series of third octave d notes. Heh heh, you should have seen him jump!

Friggin' recorder players.

Loren
Last edited by Loren on Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
WhistlinBob

Post by WhistlinBob »

My dog ingnores me when I use the the whistle as a weapon so to speak.
But it works like a charm on my kids. I can chase them from any room or the house even with the right tune.Ahh what power :D
a one anda two anda three. I would like you to meet my whistle instructer Charles.

[A bad day of Whistlin is better than
any day at work!!!]
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

peeplj wrote:One of my ferrets, Jesse, reacts to the second octave of the whistle by climbing me like a tree, grabbing the end of the whistle in his teeth, and yanking it away from me. :o

He then will take it and hide it in his cache-o-stuff. :lol:
What is it with ferrets and caches? My old roomie's ferret used to try to
drag a whole juggling club (twice his size and weight) under the couch.
It was funny to watch. He'd usually get it halfway under before I'd grab
it back. Once we lifted the couch and discovered where our missing
socks had gone.
vomitbunny

Post by vomitbunny »

There are non-evil motives for playing the whistle?
My opinion is stupid and wrong.
Steve-o

Post by Steve-o »

I know that whenever I am home and playing, I can always get the dog to holw right along, espically in the second octave. After a while though, he runs off to the basement.
phoebe

Post by phoebe »

I find the high register just as effective as my husband's banjo for clearing our ornery cat off the sofa. All cats are critics, it seems.
feadogin

Post by feadogin »

Me and another evil whistler (who shall remain nameless) have played Sean Sa Ceo at sessions on whistles together, just to torture people with that ear-splitting double third-octave c sharp. :twisted:
Ann

Post by Ann »

I wish I were brave enough to play in public, so that I might get faster service too. Mostly I play whenever I can get some time alone at home. My cats know its me and come running, especially my shy one who is terrified of the kids. He'll make a brave forray from out of the basement with big meows. The problem is that he hates the sound. My poor conflicted kitty, can't decide whether to stay or go.
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

Just because I had to club a guy with a Low Low A once doesn't make me evil. :wink:

Okay that never happened.