Where can I buy a Case??

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Lori Peters
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Lori Peters »

Hi again,

Just wondering if there is an online source for whistle cases?? I saw those offered at the whistle shop, but I think I want something more fancy....something that will show my kids that these are SERIOUS instruments and are NOT to be thrown behind the washer! *er hem, sorry :smile:* Thanks for any leads...

Lori
Lori Peters

Post by Lori Peters »

oooh and btw, I'm looking for something that can hold more than one whistle...just thinking of the future :wink:

Lori
Brian Lee
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Brian Lee »

Hi Again Lori!

I think I may have exactly what you need! Email me off list and I'll send you some photos. I've come up with a hard metal case that's perfect for about four whistles, an electric tuner, and music/notes. It's all about the size of a medium text book. I can also customize it for whatever whistles you need. I lined mine with a deep green velvet, but again, it's open to modification! Drop me a line-

Brian~
b_lee_dobson@hotmail.com
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Check out tuffbaggs.com and look at their whistle flute case. These nice people made the prototype for me several years ago for some of my whistles which lacked cases, and liked it enough to put it into their catalog.
An alternative is a plastic pistol case ( I use one of these for my good soprano recorder)-- it's hard plastic with a foam eggcrate type filler. Check sporting goods stores.
ErikT

Post by ErikT »

And one more for your viewing pleasure:

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~migoya/id19.htm

E
ElbowDriver

Post by ElbowDriver »

Hey! I use a gun case and it works very well. I guess its a breakdown shotgun case..it holds 13 of my whistles and thats from Low Low A to high G.
LeeMarsh
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by LeeMarsh »

Lori,

I've just started making leather cases for my whistles. I have plans to offer them to other folks but I'm still establishing some of the design options. In the mean time my my first cases were hard cue stick cases.

<b>Billard/Pool Cue Cases:</b><br> They are generally about 28-31 inches long and have 2-4 compartments. Dealer cases have 12 or more compartments. They start for under $20 and go to about 70. Dealer soft case (12-20 compartments) go for about $60-80 and dealer hard cases for $120-150.

<b>Places to find Cue Cases:</b> Pool cue cases also fit well with the most common session decor - Pubs. Yet, they don't attract too much attention outside the pub.

Hope this helps, and remember to ...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LeeMarsh on 2001-07-27 08:29 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LeeMarsh on 2001-07-27 08:33 ]</font>
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

Lori - I know of two sources. One is TuffBags, which is online. The other is a private individual whose name if I recall is Nancy Farrell. I think maybe Paul of Silkstone recommended her, but I'm not sure. She made me a wonderful material roll case with shoulder strap. Phil
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Hi Lori

Try this website, I have friends in the symphony here that like these bags.

http://www.altieribags.com/

Mark