Instruments for sale

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Joseph E. Smith
antispam: No

Instruments for sale

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Hello all.

I have added a sticky to each forum pertaining to musical instruments and their sales. The way I (and others) figure it, it'll make selling and buying instruments a little easier if they can be listed in one thread per forum. Of course, the Policy on Commercial Posts applies.

http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php?t=10315

Thanks,

JES
khl
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Longtime member of Chiff and Fipple. I own/have owned more whistles than a person should, I think. But I’m not complaining.

Post by khl »

I think [thought] this is a good idea--helpful.

One thing that's not clear to me, and I'm sure the whistle makers and shop owners who contribute to the forum will wonder about, is whether something like their monthly updates are to be posted in the sticky section or in the regular section.
Last edited by khl on Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keith
Crysania
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Crysania »

Not a big fan personally. I perfer being able to just glance and see any new "FS" things, rather than always having to scroll through what will, ultimately, become a VERY LONG thread to figure out what the latest posts are.

But whatever floats your boat I guess.

~Crysania
<i>~`~"I have nothing to say and I'm saying it." <blockquote>-- John Cage~`~</blockquote></i>
Screeeech!!!

Post by Screeeech!!! »

Why can't Dale open up a C&F for sale forum?

Then you can just let everyone who wants to buy, sell and trade/swap to post away to the hearts delight on there leaving all the other forums free of this stuff.

Or am i missing something?
Crysania

Post by Crysania »

I think that's a brilliant idea! Just stick it all in one forum instead. Easier to see and quick to peruse.

~Crysania
<i>~`~"I have nothing to say and I'm saying it." <blockquote>-- John Cage~`~</blockquote></i>
khl
Tell us something.: Longtime member of Chiff and Fipple. I own/have owned more whistles than a person should, I think. But I’m not complaining.

Post by khl »

Screeeech!!! wrote:Why can't Dale open up a C&F for sale forum?
?
Actually, this sounds even better. Easier to navigate.
Keith
NicoMoreno
Tell us something.: I just wanted to update my location... 100 characters is a lot and I don't really want to type so much just to edit my profile...

Post by NicoMoreno »

This has been brought up many times before, and it has to do with the server that hosts these pages. Basically, it is not allowed.
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

I think this is a really good idea.
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

ARGH! this will make it really annoying to easily see what is available, what has sold, and what has provoked a good discussion.

Sorry to grouse about it, but its getting to the point that it won't be worth signing on to C&F if you keep dissecting this and that. You can talk here, but only about whistles. Go over THERE to talk about flutes. Go over THERE to chat. Go over THERE for high-octane chat. Go over THERE to talk about the music. Go into that wee corner to buy and sell whistles. Unless you're a vendor...... Geez guys!

Any chance that you can rethink this? Or at least talk about what on earth provoked this decision?

Sincerely,
Tyg
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
michael_coleman
Tell us something.: I play the first flute Jon Cochran ever made but haven't been very active on the board the last 9-10 years. Life happens I guess...I owned a keyed M&E flute for a while and I kind of miss it.

Post by michael_coleman »

I agree, a step in the wrong direction...
Byll
Tell us something.: Long ago, I was told that I faked iTrad whistle work very well. I took that comment to heart. 20 years of private lessons - and many, many hours of rehearsal later - I certainly hope I have improved...

Post by Byll »

I truly like looking through what is for sale on the board. Many of the 'for sale' posts garner their own comments and questions from members that can be educational. I will miss this repartee. I rue the situations that caused this step in reverse...

Best.
Byll
'Everything Matters...'
Lisa Diane Cope 1963-1979
tomcat
Tell us something.: Used to live in Gilbert, AZ which is a suburb of Phoenix. Recently moved to Portland OR. Argh. Not sure if this is meeting the requirement of number of characters, but I'm trying.

Post by tomcat »

i'm for whatever makes it easier on the board masters. i appreciate being able to discuss and trade/buy. but if it is easier to maintain this board by setting it up as currently arranged, i'm fine with that. its a priviledge to be here.
StewySmoot

Post by StewySmoot »

I dont like it and therefore will not frequent it.
<a href="http://www.whistletotheworld.com/" target="_blank"> Whistle to the World</a>
Helping underprivileged kids learn music via the Irish Whistle.
Wilsing

Market place

Post by Wilsing »

Open a "Maket Place" area where members can list their whistles for

sale, trade, whatever. I, for one, enjoy looking through the "For Sale"

listings. I have purchased and have sold some very nice whistles. I

have also made some new friends by doing this, as I am sure other

members have as well.

Regards,

James
greenspiderweb
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Market place

Post by greenspiderweb »

Wilsing wrote:Open a "Maket Place" area where members can list their whistles for sale, trade, whatever... James
Yes, what James said, Or... keep it as it was, where people listed for sale items in their respective categories, for the most part. It does seem that it would get confusing after awhile using the sticky.

Thanks.
~~~~
Barry