Rocky Mountain Session - Preview of New Hoover Line

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Mack.Hoover
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Mack.Hoover »

Hey Rand,
Be a stranger no more, here on the C&F or at my place.

We're going to need some bodhran lessons! You play a really fine whistle,too. And Jim sounds great on the octave mando.

Mack
Digger
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Digger »

Brian,

The Lab Dogs are indeed in SLC, they all work at the historic Rio Grande building downtown; three of them are archaeologists. They enjoyed having me play whistle with them last fall at the Great Basin conference, or at least they said they did! Anyway, they do some Celtic tunes and I'm sure could be persuaded to do even more if they had a good Irish whistler on hand. I will send you an e-mail address.

Rand
Digger

Post by Digger »

Mack,

Thanks for the compliment! From what I heard Sunday you make an excellent whistle. Hope you will have some available at the Festival in September.

Rand
Mack.Hoover

Post by Mack.Hoover »

To Ron, who asked if we recorded any of the sessions:
I was able to capture some to wav, and Tom got some on a mono tape recorder. I can't speak for Tom's tape, but there is a sample on Clips and Snips of Brian, Tom, and Rand doing what Tom calls Mack's Jig. I think it may be a traditional tune, so we may have to apologize for the arbitrary name if someone reveals the real one.
I'll try to put the others on my web page soon.
Mack
Ron Rowe

Post by Ron Rowe »

Thanks Mack,
I was really bummed about not being able to make it (May the gods reserve a particulary nasty spot in hell for employers who don't understand the need to make music with like minded people) but at least now I'll be able to hear a bit of what I missed
LeeMarsh
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by LeeMarsh »

You guys sound like you had a grand time.
I was hopping around on the net and found this site: <a href=http://www.celticconnection.com/>Celtic Connection </a> with "Information on Celtic events in the Rocky Mountain Region". Thought I'd throw it your way just in case one of you hadn't seen it. It has a list of venues and sessions in Colorado.

Sounds like you all had a great time; however, for once I'm glad I missed it, because I had a great time at the Adams County Irish Festival in Gettysburg, Pa. I'll post on a separate topic about my experience but the bottom line is I got to play guitar, bodhran, and whistles from about 8pm to 2am continously.

Glad to hear you all got to ...
Enjoy Your Music,
Lee Marsh
From Odenton, MD.
Mack.Hoover

Post by Mack.Hoover »

Thanks for the good wishes and the link Lee.
One of these days Grand Junction may be on the map Celtically speaking.
Cherish The Ladies will have been here twice in one year. July 2001 and April 2002. Make plans all,
for the April concert! Also for the Celtic Festival and Highland games in G.J. September 22 and 23.
http://www.celticgames.org/
Shameless promotion for western Colorado.

Mack
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

For heaven's sakes, change the filters and empty the bags.

You guys are demented.

I love you very much.

Dale