tinwhistler's day jobs

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
atarango
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by atarango »

Okay so there is a wealth of interesting and wonderful people on this board... and I thought it would be kinda neat if everyone would post what their day job is- just wondering what ya'll are doing when not playing the tinwhistle. :smile:

I'll start.
I'm a starving master's of theological studies student in Divinity school. In order to help pay for school I moonlight as a library assistant slaving in the back and pasting bookplates and library of congress numbers in books, along with dealing with patrons at the circ desk. At night i practace my tin whistle (in order to escape from translating my theological german homework) and torment my suitemates with my squeaks and sqwaks. (Hey I am new at this)

do post post away and enlighten us all on what keeps you busy during the day...

-Angela
ThorntonRose
antispam: No

Post by ThorntonRose »

I'm a computer programmer and a writer (tech stuff).
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

I am a programming assistant at a small PBS station in Fairbanks, Alaska. No kidding. Not a bad job, but very little room for creativity. Also, it gets old knowing that there is very little room for upward mobility. My boss's job is the only other one I would be qualified to move into and that can't happen as long as he is still here. So, I keep my eyes open elsewhere.

My true vocation is Daddy. Other than that, I love making things, including music. I play whistle (rather amateurishly), bagpipes (still a beginner), and am starting with the lap dulcimer. I want to learn recorder, tabor pipe, fiddle, and maybe someday guitar. For now, whistles, pipes, and kids take up plenty of my time.

-Patrick
BrassBlower
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by BrassBlower »

Same as ThorntonRose!
Ron Rowe

Post by Ron Rowe »

I test the stuff folks like Thornton and BrassBlower write. But now I consider that a hobby that pays well and music my true vocation (BG)
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

I'm in high school. I do nothing. Actually, I work at the Krusty Krab (aka Sonic drive-in) on weekends and I HATE IT. Blah. It's boring, makes me want to hit my head against the wall until I pass out.

*bang*
Bretton
Tell us something.: I've been playing whistle for a very long time, but never seem to get any better than I was about 10 years ago. I'm okay with that. :)

Post by Bretton »

I'm a Reference & Computer Systems Librarian, and at the moment also a Distance Education Coordinator at a community college. Previously I worked in public libraries (which is what I prefer and hope to get back to soon).

-Bretton

brett
bloomington, indiana, usa
Cees
Tell us something.: I became interested in the beauty and versatility of Irish whistles and music over 20 years ago when I first found the Chiff boards. Yes, I do have WHOA, and I love my whistles. :)

Post by Cees »

After graduating from Brigham Young University with a B.A. in English a week after I had my second child, I can finally just be a stay-at-home mom. That keeps me really busy, though, since I have a three-year-old daughter, Ciara, and a one-year-old son, Bran. (Also a husband who is gone a lot working all day and going to school at night. One more year left for him until he gets his B.S. in Business Management with an emphasis in computer programming...yay! Then we can be a family again.)

I also am an aspiring writer and spend a lot of time on research and writing (and whistle playing/message board surfing). I also enjoy piano playing, reading, listening to music, counted cross-stitch, and learning about all sorts of things.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cees on 2002-02-23 11:35 ]</font>
Graphics Guy

Post by Graphics Guy »

I'm now a Retired Computer Modeller/Texture
Artist. And a full time father. Before that
I was an Illustrator for Disney. And before that I was an Officer in the U.S.Navy

Dan

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Graphics Guy on 2002-02-22 17:31 ]</font>
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

I work the night shift in a city morgue. A bit smelly, but otherwise all right. :wink:
/Bloomfield
Blayne Chastain
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Blayne Chastain »

After living in Nashville for 4 years my wife and I decided it was time to head to the mountains! We moved here to Greeley, Colorado 9 months ago and I took the position of Music/Arts director at St. Patrick Presbyterian Church... I spend most my time writing, arranging (what I should be doing right now!), practicing, hanging out in the community... I pinch myself every morning.... Oh yeah...and spend too much time checking out the board!
cj

Post by cj »

Civil engineer, mom
ScottStewart

Post by ScottStewart »

Husband, Daddy to five (six this coming September) great kids, letter carrier for the USPS, and soon a theology student also. Why am I going back to school at 40? Well, as a full-time husband, daddy, letter carrier, involved up to my ears at church, etc, I decided I just didn't have enough to do.

BTW, anyone know where I can buy a nice, used 12 passenger van?

"There are three ways to get something done: do it yourself, hire someone, or forbid your kids to do it." - Monta Crane

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ScottStewart on 2002-02-22 17:41 ]</font>
jmssmh

Post by jmssmh »

R.N. with a M.B.A. that works for a software/internet company.

Joe
LKtz

Post by LKtz »

I'm a high school student, and assistant Irish dance teacher once a week. I tried getting a job at a bookstore but they didn't need anymore help *gggrrr*, so now I want to apply to work at a guitar music store my neighbor owns. :smile:

Caryn