whistle playing rave

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
bigpow5
antispam: No

whistle playing rave

Post by bigpow5 »

So I've been playing my copeland for about a year now and just love it! It came my way as a sort of permanent loan (read : free). My other whistles lie dormant in a drawer. It's got a number 3416 on it. Anyone know how old it could be ? It treats me right.
Anyways, as I get better playing, the enjoyment factor just goes up and up and up. :) It used to be a struggle to learn new tunes, now it just comes right along and my fingers are dancing along in no time at all. At sessions, I notice myself playing phrases by ear to tunes I've never attempted to learn. There's been some self imposed pressure to get a good number of tunes under my belt to minimize 'down time' at the session. No more! I lost count a long time ago and now I'm going to do it right, take my sweet time to learn each tune, savor the learning experience. I've been thinking I may even start to research the tune's history as well. I just want the full ITM experience.
I just had to take a moment and appreciate. It is strange how life works things out. I never would have guessed that music would ever play such a big part. ... and a whistle of all things. :D
Tweeto

Post by Tweeto »

Gee, I thought this was going to be about whistle playing accompanied by hypnotic beats and strobing lights, in a soapy-foam-filled room.

Yeah, playing trad music on whistles is awesome.
Check out: Folding@Home!