Addresses for Walton and Feadog

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
jmssmh
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by jmssmh »

Does anyone know the addresses for Walton and Feadog in Ireland. I have been making my own tweaked whistles using Feadog bodies and Walton fipples and wonder if I can buy large quanties of just body and fipples from the makers.

Joe
Wandering_Whistler

Post by Wandering_Whistler »

According to my Guiness Whistle Box, Walton's is at:

Walton Manufacturing Ltd.
Unit 6A, Rosemount Park Drive
Rosemount Business Park
Ballycoolin, Dublin 15, Ireland
StevePower

Post by StevePower »

Feadog Whistles are made by:

Keynote Music Sales Ltd
8 The Westway Centre
Ballymount Avenue
Dublin 12
Ireland

tel: 00353-1-456-9533

fax: 00353-1-456-9535

Steve Power

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: StevePower on 2001-07-21 17:50 ]</font>
FairEmma

Post by FairEmma »

I'm wondering what you'll call the things: Featons? Waldogs? Joe's Specials? :smile:
jmssmh

Post by jmssmh »

I am thinking of Joe's or McKenna's (but not Joe McKenna's because I do not want to be confused with Joe McKenna the piper/low whistler).

Joe
CDon

Post by CDon »

Would you mind elaborating on what you are doing to tweak them, or is that not a subject for further discussion at the moment? :smile: Interesting that you like it well enough to divest the other items.
On 2001-07-20 23:46, jmssmh wrote:
Does anyone know the addresses for Walton and Feadog in Ireland. I have been making my own tweaked whistles using Feadog bodies and Walton fipples and wonder if I can buy large quanties of just body and fipples from the makers.

Joe
jmssmh

Post by jmssmh »

Besides putting the Little Black fipple on the Feadog body the only thing else I do is put sticky tac in the fipple to fill the cavity and tune it to an electronic tuner. The result is a good sounding whistle with the best OXXOOO C natural I have heard from a cheap whistle and a whistle that is not just easily tuned but also tuned to itself. The best part is that it has been consistent with every whistle I have tweaked (6 Ds and 2 Cs-which I used the fipples from a Walton C and Mellow D).

Joe

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jmssmh on 2001-07-23 08:53 ]</font>
StevePower

Post by StevePower »

Joe

I hope you saw the Feadog address above. I'm in regular contact with their sales people, so if you want me to ask them a question for you, just let me know. It may be less expensive and quicker for me to call them, than you write.

Steve
CDon

Post by CDon »

Thanks Joe... The consistency that you are getting is most interesting in light of some of the various discussions that occurred along this line. Good show!
jmssmh

Post by jmssmh »

I am intersted in someone else trying the same tweaking to see if that consistency can be recreate. In the science world, to validate a dicovery, the experiment has to be duplicated by others with the same results.

Joe
StevePower

Post by StevePower »

Keynote (who make the Feadog) have told me that they don't sell the barrels separately. They buy their barrels elsewhere. So far, I'm not able to find out where that might be. I'll keep enquiring.

Steve
jmssmh

Post by jmssmh »

Steve,

Do you know if they buy the barrels with the holes already drilled? I find that the size and placement of the holes on the Feadog are what make it great for my tweaked whistle.

Besides the Feadog, the newer OAKs, which are now made in Ireland, have the same hole size and placement. I wonder if they get their barrels from the same vendor or do Feadog make the whistles for Oak. Note also how the Acorn whistles look the same as the colour Feadogs.

Joe
StevePower

Post by StevePower »

I rang Keynote again and Barbara in sales told me that they buy-in the barrels from Germany but drill the holes themselves. This is what makes them a 'Feadog' (plus the mouthpiece of course).

She took my query, on your behalf, to the top management - and it was felt that it might be commercially unsound to sell pre-drilled barrels to anyone else. Partly, I suggest, because if the resulting hybrid was not up to their own standards, it would reflect badly on them (not that yours would, but I'm speaking generally).

You may need to look elsewhere, sorry.

Steve
jmssmh

Post by jmssmh »

Steve,

Thanks for your effort. I guess for now I won't tweak large quanties of my Feadog/Walton hybrids whistle but I hope that others will spend the $8.50 to $15 it might take to make one for themselves.

Joe