an Elderly experience trying out whistles

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
myra
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by myra »

On 2002-02-13 21:40, avanutria wrote:
Hey Lizzie, pick me up on the way! hehe
And me - Brampton is almost on your way!

Lizzie,
Where do you play in Toronto? So far, I've been way too shy to play in public, but I may show up at the Tranzac one of these Wednesdays....
SteveK

Post by SteveK »

On 2002-02-14 14:09, myra wrote:
On 2002-02-13 21:40, avanutria wrote:
Hey Lizzie, pick me up on the way! hehe
And me - Brampton is almost on your way!
OK. Me too. I'm in London. I'll bring the beer.

Steve
Lizzie

Post by Lizzie »

Sounds like a party starting here on the way to Elderly instruments,
Aneura....Rochester is not even nearly on the way to Detroit area.

Myra....in Brampton no less. Pratically a neigbour. I don't play anywhere! Not nearly ready. Although my teacher says I should be thinking soon about trying one night at the slow session of Transac. She has more confidence in me that I have for sure. Hey, maybe we could do it togther. I go to Dora's quite often...actually I have a friend in Brampton who comes into the city for it as she enjoys it so much. Do you ever go there?

And Rick...London is certainly on the way...and you are offering to bring the beer?
I like the sound of you!!!!!
tomcat
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Used to live in Gilbert, AZ which is a suburb of Phoenix. Recently moved to Portland OR. Argh. Not sure if this is meeting the requirement of number of characters, but I'm trying.

Post by tomcat »

About three years ago I was in San Francisco and made it to Lark in the Morning. Thought I was in heaven. I spent 2 hours there. My family just left me and picked me up later. I asked if I could play several whistles and they were kind enough to nod yes. I picked up a Shaw and played a ditty. I'm not sure if it was for the protection of other shoppers, but they suggested I go to a back practice room, take with me four or five whistles and cut loose. I had fun trying a TW, Dixon Low D, and a Chieftian A among others. I purchased the Chieftian. I can relate to your experience Bob.
randy
joyful noise maker
Lizzie

Post by Lizzie »

I forgot...we could also pick up the guys in Windsor and Detroit!!! Oops, my CRV is now full!!!! Good thing we don't all play base fiddle.

And also, thanks for the info on Dusty Strings.
hillfolk22

Post by hillfolk22 »

On 2002-02-14 17:44, Lizzie wrote:
I forgot...we could also pick up the guys in Windsor and Detroit!!! Oops, my CRV is now full!!!! Good thing we don't all play base fiddle.

And also, thanks for the info on Dusty Strings.
Ah Man!

And I thought that perhaps you could swing on down to central Ohio and pick me up too!

I shop mail order at Elderly's quite a bit.
They are also very good on their return policy.

I have visions of sugar plums dancing in my head when I think of walking into the show room.

The closests I can get to a huge show case music store is a 30 minute drive to Columbus to Sam Ash. And I do not recal seeing any whistles.

Laura
Lizzie

Post by Lizzie »

Well, Laura, if I am going to swing down into Ohio, I may as well also pick up Aventura in Rochester...Now, guess I had better trade in my CRV for a van.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Lizzie, Us guys in Windsor will meet you at the Bridge, don't forget to have several picture ID's with you. Sometimes the border can get a burr in their butts and like last night we went almost flying through. You can never tell.

And this won't be the first Elderly convoy to leave from Windsor. All of us do the candy shop tour at least twice a year. Ya know --- just to browse and stuff.

Lansing is about two hours from Windsor, so you guys might want to stay overnight, before heading back to Toronto and environs.Then we can have a session with all our new instruments, I know just the place for an impromptu session - five minutes from the tunnel.

Mark
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Lizzie

Post by Lizzie »

Mark, that sounds almost like a plan........seriously, that would be great fun!!!!
scottjsull

Post by scottjsull »

Lizzie,
Did you play a sullivan when you were there?
bob baksi

Post by bob baksi »

Count me in on the Windsor area combo of a visit to Elderly in Lansing and a SuperSessiun in Windsor (Windsor is a neighbouring municipality to my hometown of Lakeshore).
Hopefully, London, Detroit & lansing area musicians can join us in both events.
MarkB, does your kind offer mean you would be willing to act as co-ordinator for the event, and propose a specific weekend ?
bob baksi

Post by bob baksi »

Regarding the Windsor/Elderly weekend, it occurs to me that for those who might be interested in adding a visit to Glenn Schultz's Weasel Factory before or after Elderly, it would add about 45 minutes driving time to the circuit.
SteveK

Post by SteveK »

This seems to have started as a joke but if folks are interested, so am I. I don't actually need any whistles but I always enjoy a trip to Elderly.

Steve
Lizzie

Post by Lizzie »

Steve,,,yes, it did start as a joke, but i think there is a really good idea lurking under all the joshing....I think something like that could be great fun. I am off to Seattle for next week, but maybe we can toss this around when i get back. If I have any funds left after visiting the music shops in Seattle.

liz
cramer

Post by cramer »

anyone know of a good shop in the quebec city-montreal region?