First session advice

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
merlinthedog

Post by merlinthedog »

I tried playing in session 2 months ago. I stayed "in the back" and found a few more people who where there for their first night. Every one was friendly and encouraging. I only knew a few of the tunes but the music was great! From that session I found another where they teach and play slowly for the first hour. (they even give you sheet music for those who read!) I would encourage you to join - friendly people plus new music to learn. - doesn't matter if you know many toons you will still have fun.
Bloomfield
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Bloomfield »

Merlin,
that was at City Steam right? Sorry I missed you that night, Thyghrhess said you were there. Come back soon!

The slow session, is that Glastonbury?
/Bloomfield
merlinthedog

Post by merlinthedog »

You are correct on both counts. The first hour is done at a slow pace. I plan on being in Glastonbury tomorrow. The Wednesday sessions are hard for me to attend in that I work in Newport during the day. Will you be there tomorrow? Tygress has been there as well.
merlinthedog

Post by merlinthedog »

Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

I will be there.*

See you there,
Bloomfield

* <seg>In the event that Bloomfield shall be delayed or hindered in or prevented from the performance of any act required hereunder by reason of strikes, lockouts, labor troubles, inability to procure materials, failure of power, restrictive governmental laws or regulations, riots, insurrection, war, or other reason of a like nature not the fault of the party delayed, including, but not limited, to other plans or sudden whims, in performing work or doing acts required under the terms of this commitment, then no recourse, damages or equitable remedies, shall be available to the party thereby injured and no reproach shall be appropriate.
</seg>
/Bloomfield
StevieJ
Tell us something.: Old hand, active in the early 2000s. Less active in recent years but still lurking from time to time.

Post by StevieJ »

On 2002-02-19 17:56, Bloomfield wrote:
... and no reproach shall be appropriate.
You may want to redraft that part. The prosecution will have a field day with its ambiguity.