Congratulations Glenn!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
MLK
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by MLK »

Hey everyone - Glenn Schultz is a celebrity! Glenn was featured in our local newspaper, The Oxford Leader, this week.

We all know that Glenn is extremely talented and this article focused on his literary abilities. Glenn has published a collection of his poetry. The book is titled, "The Verser's Curse."

The paper printed one of Glenn's poems. It whets the appetite for more!

Congratulations Glenn!

Meg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MLK on 2001-07-20 16:26 ]</font>
bob baksi

Post by bob baksi »

When I had the good fortune to visit Glenn at his home a few months back, I was blessed to not only acquire a few Weasels for my family, but to hear Glenn read a few of his wordsmith masterpieces. I am reluctant to refer to them as poetry, as that word does not do justice to the emotion that roars & pierces through the words when read by Glenn himself. He has also composed a few tunes, one of which ("Until I'm Home")he accompanied his singing by playing on a hand held dulcimer-type instrument. As a supposedly unemotional lawyer by profession, I was moved to the core by his song, and have encouraged him to have it recorded. He told me by email a week ago he's trying to do just that. Let's hope he does. He is an incredibly gifted and beautiful person, and my wife and I are blessed to have crossed his path.
bob baksi

Post by bob baksi »

Small Update: I just called Glenn Schultz to congratulate him on publication, and he tells me "The Verser's Curse is actually now available as an ebook. I hope Dale and all forum members won't mind me mentioning that I just went to http://www.1stbooks.com, typed in Schultz as the Author, and indeed up it popped......downloaded the electronic book version from ebooks for $4.95.
brewerpaul
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Dang-- I was just IMing Glenn, and he didn't say a word about the book, although he has been working on it for years. I've seen many samples of Glenn's poetry, and have always been very moved by it. Glenn is an amazing, multi-faceted person who deserves his hard earned reputation as a master instrument maker and poet. Buy this book!
brewerpaul
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Any chance that the original poster here could scan that newspaper article and post it here for all to see?
MLK

Post by MLK »

I don't have a scanner. But I'll see what I can do!

Meg
Dave Parkhurst

Post by Dave Parkhurst »

For those who haven't had a chance to hear any of Glenn's poetry, I STRONGLY recommend getting the e-book. Glenn's genius as a poet hotly rivals his abilities on the lathe...and I've not found a writer who is as candid in his verses as Glenn is. I spent 2 days with Glenn and his poetry was as great a treat as his whistlemaking instruction.
tephillah

Post by tephillah »

I have a CD of Glenn singing some of his original songs, and I laughed and cried through the listening of it. He is a man of great gifts, great passion, and great love for people. His commitment to quality shows itself in all his work, and in his relationships as well. He's a great friend.
Whistlepeg

Post by Whistlepeg »

My congratulations Weasel, it is about time this particular talent you have, one of many, was recognized. All my best,
Hammer