New source of scores?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Chuck_Clark
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Chuck_Clark »

I don't recall ever seeing this site mentioned here before, though that in itself really doesn't prove anything. Still, I just found an major source of simple scores for more tunes than anyone'd think possible. I found numerous things here not listed in Ceolas or JC's ABC Tune Finder. Image quality could be better, but the depth and breadth of the selections is awesome.

http://www.traditionalmusic.co.uk/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chuck_Clark on 2001-07-20 00:23 ]</font>
pixyy
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Just updating my profile after 16+ years of C&F membership. Sold most of my flutes, play the ones I still own and occasionally still enjoy coming here and read about flute related subjects.

Post by pixyy »

Hi Chuck,

Thank you very much for posting this link.
What a treadure trove!

Jeroen
DaveAuty
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play the whistle, I used to play flute but have Dupuytren's contracture so can only play whistle now which is fine. Mostly play sessions around Canterbury Kent area.

Post by DaveAuty »

Another fairly new site with some interesting and more modern tunes plus traditional is <a href="http://www.irishtunes.net/">Irish tunes</a>

Dave.
Ron Rowe

Post by Ron Rowe »

Have you taken a look at the Bawdy Tunes on that site Chuck? They are a riot
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

Ron

Actually, I'd pretty much researched the entire site for family content <ggg>. OTOH, I also had great confidence in the search ability of our more noted pubsters.

What really grabbed me was that the site has a LOT of content you just won't find anywhere else, without shucking out a bunch of money for books.
Ron Rowe

Post by Ron Rowe »

I have been looking through it all morning Chuck and I am still not even close to half way through it is amazing
markv

Post by markv »

Thanks a lot Chuck!

Now I have to go get a new toner cartridge for my printer!

Seriously cool site, thanks for the tip.

Mark