Nice feature of board

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Chuck_Clark
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Chuck_Clark »

One really nice feature of this board that I haven't seen mentioned before is the count of how many times a thread has been viewed.

Not just how many replies but how many visitors have looked. I don't recall this on any of our previous homes. It's kind of sobering to see how many more folks are actually reading these notes than actively posting.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chuck_Clark on 2001-07-20 00:29 ]</font>
Champ

Post by Champ »

Having a highly ambiguous title for your posting like my "Sweetheart Swap ???" message certainly helps attract curious browsers :smile:
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

Interestingly, this is perhaps the only place on the web where that thread title wouldn't draw a second glance.

Like me when I first saw it, everyone else here would just assume you were talking about one of Ralph Sweet's whistles.
rich
i see what you did there

Post by rich »

Heh, no kidding. As an example, when I saw a suggestion that "Sweetheart swap" might draw attention, I thought "Yeah, he wasn't clear as to whether it was a whistle or a flute he was swapping."
<ul>-Rich</ul>
ErikT
antispam: No

Post by ErikT »

Didn't phase me, either. I just sat there thinking, "Hey, I need to buy a SweetHeart whistle so that I have something to swap." Then I realized that that didn't make a lot of sense (but it's early in the morning).

Erik
Goldie

Post by Goldie »

Hi, this is Brigitte here. Just to add to Chuck's message about nice features with this board. THIS BOARD I FIND INCREDIBLY GOOD! There are SO many items/information on subjects (I have not tried all of them yet) which you provide us with. Also the old Forum's archive! I had a little search through and came across long forgotten discussions, how could I forget them.... Thank you for the great job you are doing here!!!!!! Brigitte

P.S. Also that you can see how many people are currently browsing and if they are logged in you even know who it is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Goldie on 2001-07-20 06:02 ]</font>