Silkstone PVC low G/A set

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Caru
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Caru »

I am considering getting a Silkstone low G/A set (plastic). Has anyone had any experience with these whistles? How are they? How are the plastic Silkstones in general?
Also, I haven't played any whistles between a soprano C and a low D. How big a finger spread do G and A whistles generally require?
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

I don't own either of these whistles, but I do own a Silkstone D (PVC). As far as I'm concerned, this is the odds-on king of the plastic whistles. I also own a Water Weasel set and a Tony Dixon Low D, both very fine whistles, as well as several Susatos. NONE can touch the Silkstone for clarity of tone or ease of playing, IMHO.

I will also go so far as to say that the Silkstone is a dream to play, hitting the highest notes with ridiculous ease. In fact, my own feeling is that it's going away the easiest whistle to play, not only of the high end, but even including the trusty Sweetone - except that it sounds so much nicer.

Gee, I guess you can say I like it, huh?
jmssmh

Post by jmssmh »

The G/A set is very nice. The only problem is that the whistle sounds so good with either head on that you will want to buy another body so you won't have to switch heads and be able to go back and forth between the two whistles. (hey! was that one long sentence?)

Joe