Comhaltas Tour this Fall

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Whistlepeg
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Whistlepeg »

Anyone out there able to see this Fall's Comhaltas Tour? Just had word that the great button accordion player John Whelan will be part of the tour. Although you rarely see any of them play whistle, they are all wonderful traditional Irish musicians.I expect most can play whistle well, and maybe at a session after the show they will whistle.
Sue
Ron Rowe

Post by Ron Rowe »

is the schedule for the tour on the web somewhere?
Zookeeper

Post by Zookeeper »

I went to Google.com and did a search using Comhaltas Tour and came up with a lot of results including their web page. Go to http://www.comhaltas.com/ You may find what you're looking for there.

Hope this helps,

Rick
maire na mná go deo!
Health to the men and may the women live forever!
skendal

Post by skendal »

On 2001-07-19 11:34, Zookeeper wrote:
I went to Google.com and did a search using Comhaltas Tour

I did that too but the the tour page says the schedule won't be posted till August. I had a look at last year's linup and the musicians all seem quite young.

Steve
Ron Rowe

Post by Ron Rowe »

Thanks Rick it gave me the depressing news that the tour will not be comming anywhere near Denver, oh well there is the Black Family show next month to look forward to
Whistlepeg

Post by Whistlepeg »

I'm not sure where to get the schedule, other than the Comhaltas Website. The tour goes to locations that have a Comhaltas Chapter, so check and see where the closest is to you and contact them. The tour happens every October for two weeks and is a gruelling schedule of a different city every day of the week (except Sunday, a day of rest). The performers are chosen from the winners of the All-Ireland Competitions, and other very excellent tradtional players/dancers. Some are as young as 16 or 17 but most are in their twenties. Also included in the tour are a few venerable experienced players. One year Brendan McGlinchy himself came (for all you knowledgable fiddlers out there!) It is definitely worth seeing if you like the real tradtional Irish style of performance. And usually the tickets are very reasonable.
Sue