Cape Cod sessions

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Jirikibird

Post by Jirikibird »

I am just curious, are there any sessions on Cape Cod in the summer? I am in Brewster this week(7-15-7-22) and would like to find a place to listen. Any help is appreciated in advance.
Bird
Feadan
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Feadan »

You might try the Olde Inn at West Dennis, 7 -11 pm on Sunday. I have never been myself, but it is my understanding that it is a "led" session by a fellow named Bill Black who plays tenor banjo and occasionally sings. I believe there is also one Saturdays from 7 - 9 pm at McGann's in Falmouth. Again this is a "led" session by the aforementioned Bill Black. I did go to one session at McGann's awhile back. My druthers is a session where it feels like it belongs to everybody and musicians are there to play basically for themselves and each other. Sort of a musical social gathering. At the McGann's session I went to it was quite plain that the the session belonged to Bill. He has little tolerance for too long a pause between tunes and will launch into a tune himself if he feels no one is starting one soon enough. Also there was little chat between musicians (the tunes were good though). It was a totally different feel from the good sessions I used to attend in the Pioneer Valley back in western Mass. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Feadan on 2001-07-18 09:41 ]</font>
Jirikibird

Post by Jirikibird »

Thanks, I'll check it out
Bird