It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 6:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2001 10:21 pm 

I am just curious, are there any sessions on Cape Cod in the summer? I am in Brewster this week(7-15-7-22) and would like to find a place to listen. Any help is appreciated in advance.
Bird

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2001 7:40 am 

You might try the Olde Inn at West Dennis, 7 -11 pm on Sunday. I have never been myself, but it is my understanding that it is a "led" session by a fellow named Bill Black who plays tenor banjo and occasionally sings. I believe there is also one Saturdays from 7 - 9 pm at McGann's in Falmouth. Again this is a "led" session by the aforementioned Bill Black. I did go to one session at McGann's awhile back. My druthers is a session where it feels like it belongs to everybody and musicians are there to play basically for themselves and each other. Sort of a musical social gathering. At the McGann's session I went to it was quite plain that the the session belonged to Bill. He has little tolerance for too long a pause between tunes and will launch into a tune himself if he feels no one is starting one soon enough. Also there was little chat between musicians (the tunes were good though). It was a totally different feel from the good sessions I used to attend in the Pioneer Valley back in western Mass. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Feadan on 2001-07-18 09:41 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2001 7:22 am 

Thanks, I'll check it out
Bird