The Coolin does anybody have a gif

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Does anybody have a gif of the air "The Coolin," or "The Coulin," or know where one is located on the net. Unfortuneately my computer at home is doing its own thing. But at work I can print off the gif.
Brian Lee
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Brian Lee »

Are you looking for the music itself? I have a recording of it at http://www.mp3.com/blee if you'd like to listen to it there. My version is a little different from what others sometimes play, but it's how it sounds to me in my head! :smile:

B~
markv
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by markv »

Try JC's at:

http://trillian.mit.edu/~jc/cgi/abc/TuneFind?P=coolin

There are a couple matches with variations.

Mark V.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Thank you Brian Lee, and Mark V.
I forgot about JC's tunefinder, the gif will work fine. My problem with my home computer is the sound card, so Brian I couldn't listen to your sound files, but will do at work when I have some quiet time.

But! Brian Lee your website is very interesting and I ENCOURAGE EVERY WHISTLER TO VISIT YOUR SITE!!!!

I know Dale, that you don't necessarilly want people to promote personal items for sale on the message board BUT BUT-- BRIAN LEE has a wonderful incentive to purchase his newest album "Wind in the Bog," One hundred percent of the purchased album will go to the Children's Friendship Project of Northern Ireland until September.

Very close friends of mine here in Windsor Ontario Canada have worked in the past at the centre. Lynne Reid (who teaches tinwhistle and harp at the Gaelic League in Detroit and her husband Mick who teaches fiddle) both have supported the project .

Brian Lee I will send out your website to many whistlers as possible. Using music to obtain peace is a wonderful and beautiful thing.

Mark
Brian Lee
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Brian Lee »

Oh my!

Such fair praise will make it difficult for me to squeeze my ego out the door now! :smile:

I thank you most whole-heartedly Mark! For anyone who's interested, the album is a collection of slow airs. Nothing too fast, and nothing super fancy or over-produced.

You can hear several tracks on the site. I've not had any sales yet, and that's fine, but I will pledge to all of you, that if this is a worthy endeavor, I will continue it on further recordings.

As for the Coulin, some of you know my grandfather passed away a few months ago. This was the tune I played at his grave as a final farewell. For me...that tune will always be for him.

God bless you all!

Brian~
http://www.mp3.com/blee