I can't believe...

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
AnnaDMartinez
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Good to be home, many changes here, but C&F is still my home! I think about the "old" bunch here and hold you all in the light, I am so lucky to have you all in my life!

Post by AnnaDMartinez »

I ordered a Tully! Think I'm starting my WhOA out with a bang! I love the sound of that whistle and his price is great. I doubt if I'll be kicking myself for this, but this is a biggie for me!
Blaine McArthur
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Blaine McArthur »

Let me be the first to say .......whoopie!

Did you get the bright polish or the black polish and Did you go for the hard case or the plush velvet lined roll up case?

I am sure you are tingling with anticipation :smile:

Blaine
AnnaDMartinez
Tell us something.: Good to be home, many changes here, but C&F is still my home! I think about the "old" bunch here and hold you all in the light, I am so lucky to have you all in my life!

Post by AnnaDMartinez »

I'm not ready to holler "WHOOPIE!!!" yet! I'm getting the Session D with the bright polish and a hard case! As usual when I'm vibrating with anticipation, I try to forget about it and pretend it's a suprise when it comes! I got a grant from the State Arts Council for $3,000 and have been waiting for a check for a few weeks now and am convinced, I jinx it every time I look in the mail box expecting it! It's kind of like when I stop wishing and hoping and anticipating that it shows up, but you can bet I'll be fussy by the end of September! It's one of those things I just HAVE to have! The otaves do not sound forced on it, either!
Blaine McArthur

I can appreciate the anxiety about waiting. I am sorely tempted to order a complete McHaffie set, but there are a couple other things I want also that I can get without a two or three month wait. I have to budget my whistle purchases carefully, and have found that poverty is the best cure for Whoa. Hopefully by time I get around to ordering from him, the wait won't be five or six months.

BTW, isn't it custom in Deadwood, when someone comes into a large sum of money, for the lucky soul to buy a round of whistles for everyone on the lis..... Oh never mind.

Blaine
Jose Ortega y Gasset
AnnaDMartinez

Post by AnnaDMartinez »

Blaine! You read my mind! This is a BIG splurge, but I also got a Clarke's Sweetone display with 36 of them in various colors coming into a music store in Rapid City! Are you thinking guerilla tactics? You betcha! I'll giving those whistles away to any kid who asks for one! And I'll keep giving them away until we wannabe buskers can get through to the city council so we can play music in the street! NOW, I have to go back to filling these plastic eggs with beans, for shakers. We're planning to go for a cheezy world record here, the world's biggest drum circle...and we're not running it by the Chamber of Commerce or the City Council!
Blaine McArthur

Hey I actually spent money and bought a few of them egg shakers until I realized that all these leftover plastic eastereggz we had could be put to good use. I've filled em with beans, popcorn(unpopped), rice and BB's. Each has its own unique tonality.

As for giving away whistles - sounds good; but from what I've heard of Deadwood, that could be fatal. Remember Socrates -corrupting the youth all that :smile:

Let me know how the drum circle goes. (I'm afraid to tell my wife, but I just bought a doumbek.) My problem is Miao. No, not cats, musical instrument of any type!

BTW, are you still working on Planxty Irwin. I mastered it pretty quickly on my Mandolin, but when I tried to tackle it on my whistle, well, it hasn't gone quite as smoothly. Maybe if I read music - naw, don't wanna go there :smile:

Blaine
Jose Ortega y Gasset
AnnaDMartinez

Post by AnnaDMartinez »

[quote]
On 2001-07-18 00:05, Blaine McArthur wrote:
I've filled em with beans, popcorn(unpopped), rice and BB's. Each has its own unique tonality.

That they do! Even adults have a lot of fun with them!

As for giving away whistles - sounds good; but from what I've heard of Deadwood, that could be fatal. Remember Socrates -corrupting the youth all that :smile:

He! Just call it "Anna's Revenge" and have done with it! Just think, all the dogs in town howling their pea brains out while tots shrilly tweedle those whistles...wow, a duet for dogs and whistles!

Let me know how the drum circle goes. (I'm afraid to tell my wife, but I just bought a doumbek.) My problem is Miao. No, not cats, musical instrument of any type!

I know the feeling well!

BTW, are you still working on Planxty Irwin.

I mastered it pretty quickly on my Mandolin, but when I tried to tackle it on my whistle, well, it hasn't gone quite as smoothly. Maybe if I read music - naw, don't wanna go there :smile:

I got it down pat! Was easy, and I used the sheet music just a bit to get past those sticky places with the c naturals! Soldier's Joy is next!
Blaine McArthur

Remind me, please, where did you get the sheet music? Was it online? I vaguely remember a thread on the old list(?) about Planxty Irwin - did you start that?

Blaine
Jose Ortega y Gasset
rich
i see what you did there

Post by rich »

Convenient Reminder, aka Blatant Self-Promotion:

The old forums are available for browsing and searching <a href="http://chiffboard.mati.ca/archive/">right here</a>. :smile:
<ul>-Rich</ul>
Blaine McArthur

Soryy Rich - I'm just being Lazy. It's just that this New list is SO GOOD, I keep forgetting that once upon a time we were somewhere else.

:smile:

Blaine
Jose Ortega y Gasset
AnnaDMartinez

Post by AnnaDMartinez »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/folk/acoust ... unch.shtml

Right here, Blaine! I love this site, flash, virtual session and you can print the music!
skendal

Post by skendal »

[quote]
On 2001-07-17 21:16, Anna Martinez wrote:
I ordered a Tully!

What's that?

Steve
FairEmma

Post by FairEmma »

Anna,

I'm sure you'll do this the moment you have any spare time after communing with your new acquisition in September, but please keep us posted! My Urge Meter is on the move - the clips on Eric's site sound make the whistle sound so appealing - the photographs make it look so appealing - the site itself packs a lot of credibility into the "message". And it's that "low breath requirement" thing again. Heeeelllppppp!

Tickled pink for you (and just ever so slightly green) :smile:
FE
AnnaDMartinez

Post by AnnaDMartinez »

A Tully is a whistle made my Erick Tullberg, and The great Wisely reviewed iit in the news letter, and I couln't resist! And FE, if you're ever in Deadwood, I'll let you play it, just to show me a thing or three!
Blaine McArthur

Thanks Anna.

I was trying to remember how to get to this site just the other day. I checked it out some time ago when someone on the list mentioned it, but, I looked at it but forgot to bookmark it.

Blaine