Archive status report

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
rich
i see what you did there
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by rich »

Well, I'm happy to announce that I've been able to retrieve the full
archives for the old whistle and flute boards. They're available at
<blockquote>
http://www.lafferty.ca/chiff-archive/
</blockquote>
I still have to go through and fix all the internal links, and grab
the linked-to images, and so forth, but they're readable that way, at
least.

Total size: 485MB in 12914 messages. Yow!
<ul>-Rich</ul>
JayMitch

Post by JayMitch »

Rich,

I see this this board has sections for forum support and another for announcements. I suppose the forum support section could be used for FAQs or other information of continuing interest. Would that be an appropriate place to post this link? That way it wouldn't scroll down and get lost.

--Jay
rich
i see what you did there

Post by rich »

Well, I imagine it'll be linked to from Chiff and Fipple and from up top there ^ -- and I think the archive will end up under chiffboard.mati.ca in the end, too. This just lets people poke at the work in progress. :smile:

I intentionally didn't put it in the announcements forum because it isn't one <i>yet</i>...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rich on 2001-06-28 13:54 ]</font>
rich
i see what you did there

Post by rich »

Another quick status report:

Almost ready for prime-time now; all of the images are stored locally and all of the internal links should work. (The stuff that doesn't, and won't, work are things like links to login, or to start your own Coolboard, or things that spawned windows full of ads.)

A bit of unfortuante news: For some reason, about 1% of the posts weren't listed in the by-thread table of contents, and thus weren't downloaded. Some of these might've been missed because of posts posted after the board was "closed", but a couple were unquestionably because of Coolboard just not listing them. But we got 99%. :smile:

I hope to clean up the last little bits and provide a search feature later this week. I'll make an announcement when they're ready; until then, the work-in-progress can be accessed at

http://www.lafferty.ca/chiff-archive/
<ul>-Rich</ul>