Chris Abell

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
JessieK
antispam: No

Post by JessieK »

I am going to Asheville to meet Chris Abell this week...anyone have any questions for me to ask him or anything?

:smile: Jessie
JayMitch
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by JayMitch »

There have been comments here about the fact that Abell's get better after being played for six months or so. I'd be interested in Chris' ideas about that, particularly if he has any idea what actually causes the change.

I think the info on his web site says no break-in period is required, but in that case I think he is only saying you don't need to limit playing time or otherwise do anything special when the whistle is new.

I've had an Abell for about three months, and the sound does seem to be getting more pure. It's hard to tell, though, whether the whistle is actually changing, whether I'm adapting my playing to the whistle, or whether it's just my imagination.

Enjoy your visit, Jessie, but don't take up too much of his time. I'm waiting for him to get around to making a C and E-flat body for my D headjoint -- I'd hate for him to get behind! :smile:

--Jay
livethe question
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by livethe question »

Hi Jessie,

When you see Chris, ask him what his thoughts are about a Delrin headjoint on an African Blackwood body.

Thanks

Peace

Namaste

jim