I need a LOUD whistle - microfone for whistle?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Spoo
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Spoo »

Ok, back to the mike issue...

Does anyone have suggestions or ideas for mike? Should I go for clip on mike on the whistle or just regular that could also be used for vocals? I think the clip on mike would be problematic if you want to use different whistles, are doing also vocals or are going to get rid of moisture in in the whistle, but would be much easier to use when just recording the whistle part.

What is the price range for decent clip on mikes? Also suggestions about makers are could be useful.
ThorntonRose
antispam: No

Post by ThorntonRose »

I have seen performers use both clip-on and regular microphones for whistles. I think the clip-on microphones are slightly better, but a standalone microphone seems to be more common. If you are going to be playing multiple whistles and/or singing, go for the standalone microphone. Just be sure to get one that can pick-up the whistle.

If you have a Mars Music where you live, check them out. Their web site is http://www.marsmusic.com.

~ Thornton
ErikT
antispam: No

Post by ErikT »

I have found that the head phone type 'operator' mics work well. I also have a mic specifically designed for flute (works for whistle too) that attaches to a powered belt amp. This mic actually attaches by velcro (though I rig a clip sometimes). It's made by MicroVox. Also Barcus-Berry carries some nice wind instrument pick-ups.

Erik