More Pogues Tunes

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Didjpiper
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Didjpiper »

I saw the post from raindog1970 and thought I'd try to help out some. This is my attempt at transcribing Planxty Noel Hill from the Poguetry in Motion EP:

X: 1
T:Planxty Noel Hill
M:4/4
L:1/8
K:Gmaj
d2ec2de2|dc2GA2cG-|GGA2ce2e|d2ec2de2|dc2GA2cc-|cBc4-c:|^c2de3d2|^cd3^c2B^c-|c2B2AB3|B2cd3e2|fg3f2ed-|d2c2BA3|
B2cd2gf2|ge2dB2GA-|AGG2FG3||
raindog1970
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by raindog1970 »

Great job!
Nice to see another Pogues fan on this message board... especially one from so close to home.
I wonder if the Pogues reunion tour has been going well... I hope Shane has calmed down enough to be the front man of the band once again.
Some new studio work would be great... if they can all get along long enough to complete a CD. :wink:
Regards,
Gary Humphrey

♪♣♫Humphrey Whistles♫♣♪

[Raindogs] The ones you see wanderin' around after a rain. Ones that can't find their way back home. See the rain washes off the scent off all the mail boxes and the lamposts, fire hydrants. – Tom Waits
Coleman

Post by Coleman »

Greetings People

Very new to this board but am also delighted to see Pogues fans here. As you have mentioned the tour I feel it is my duty to inform you that I went along to see them at The Brixton Academy in London the friday before Christmas and am very happy to announce that they were the dogs bollocks, the bees knees and the spiders ankles. I was rooted to the spot and was gleefully pushed and shoved and thrown to the floor on many an occasion during the evening. They played superbly , Shane, looking rather bloated and wearing a suit which I'm sure he has not taken off for the past three years held it together admirably, a thousand times better than I could even have hoped for, considering I had my doubts as to whether he would even make it to the venue at all and my worst fear that Joe -bleeding -Strummer would end up replacing him; but if that was to have happened I would have personally ensured that a riot would have occured. Spider Stacy was excellent and I even forgave him his attempt at singing solo however he looked as if he could do with a few Big Macs down him.
They played all the favorites started with Streams of Whiskey and then If I Should Fall From Grace....Body of an American was in there, a pair Of Brown Eyes....too many to mention...they ended with The Parting Glass which I had never heard live before. It was awesome I didnt want to leave and wanted it all to happen again. It was like being transported back in time 10 or 12 years ago nothing seemed to have changed...a Pogues gig is still a simply unique experience and something I am very grateful to have experienced on a number of occasions. Couldnt help by being a slightly bit cynical as to why they had reformed for this tour (£££$$$$) but was a very very very happy man that they did!
Heres to some new recordings and hopefully they will let Shane do most of the writing or at least leave him in the driving seat.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!
gogo

Post by gogo »

Coleman,

Can't tell you how jealous I am! I would have loved to have been there, it sounds absolutely amazing.

gg
Didjpiper

Post by Didjpiper »

Here is an attempt at The Parting Glass. The tempo may be a bit off, but it gives an idea of the melody:

X: 1
T:Parting Glass
M:4/4
L:1/8
K:Fmaj
Q:304
d2e2f4|d'4c'2a2|g2a2f4|
d4d4|a2g2f4|d4d4|c2d2f4|f4g4|f2g2a4|
a4a2g2|f2g2a4|c4c4|a2g2f4|d4d4|
c2d2f4|f4g4|f2g2a4|d'4c'2a2|g2a2f4|
d4d4|a2c'2a2c'2|d'2c'4a2|c'2a2c'2d'2|c'4a4|
b4a2g2-|g2f2g2a2-|a2c4c2-|
c2a2g2f2-|f2d4d2-|d2c2d2f2-|f2f4g2-|
g2f2g2a2-|a2d'4c'2|a2g2a2f2-|f2d2-dd2-d||
raindog1970
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by raindog1970 »

Didjpiper, you might find this thread helpful when posting ABC tunes.
http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php ... &forum=3&0
Regards,
Gary Humphrey

♪♣♫Humphrey Whistles♫♣♪

[Raindogs] The ones you see wanderin' around after a rain. Ones that can't find their way back home. See the rain washes off the scent off all the mail boxes and the lamposts, fire hydrants. – Tom Waits