Has anybody communicated with Mike Burke?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
jduffy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by jduffy »

I faxed a whistle order to Mike Burke almost 2 weeks ago and have sent 2 follow up emails but have not heard from him. Has anyone heard from him?

Thanks,
Joe
Byll
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Long ago, I was told that I faked iTrad whistle work very well. I took that comment to heart. 20 years of private lessons - and many, many hours of rehearsal later - I certainly hope I have improved...

Post by Byll »

Joe: I heard from Mike, today, concerning my order. Byll's 3rd law states that the waiting time for whistle delivery is inversely proportional to the desire of the client for the whistle to be delivered ASAP. I know that Mike Burke has been very busy. He is truly a good man.

Cheers to you, and good luck with your communication.

Byll
jduffy

Post by jduffy »

Byll

Thanks, I guess I'll just keep waiting
patiently and keep biting my fingernails. :smile:

Joe

P.S. Did you hear from him by e-mail?
DrGiggles

Post by DrGiggles »

Just out of curiosity, what kind of whistle did you order?

I was seriously thinking about ordering a Composite Soprano D from him. I'm kind of intrigued about a whistle made of bakelite. :smile:

Does anyone have his Composite whistles? What kind of texture do they have? Wood? Plastic? Velvet??? (just kidding)
jduffy

Post by jduffy »

DrGiggles,

I ordered a Low D composite Pro. This will be my first Low D so I hope it works out. I decided to skip the EZ model and go right to the Pro model in spite of my beginner status.

Joe
John Allison

Post by John Allison »

I have one of his low G composite whistles. When I first saw it I was depressed thinking I had spent that much money for such a <i>thin plastic toy</i>. It seems to be fairly sturdy though and plays like a dream! One small breath is worth about ten minutes of playing...it requires such little air. I've pretty much sworn off all other whistle buying until I get several more of these!!
:grin:
JessieK
antispam: No

Post by JessieK »

I have a whole bunch of whistles. I have a whole bunch of A whistles. The A whistle I take with me to sessions (to play the instrumental part when I sing Sally Gardens) is the Burke composite A. It is reliable in tone and easy to play.

:smile: Jessie
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Although I do believe that Mike's new Aluminum line are probably the most advanced whistle designs on the planet, I have a great affection for his composites, which I collect compulsively.

Dale