To Ron and Mack and all others west!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Brian Lee
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Brian Lee »

How about a Rocky Mountain /Western states C&F get together at the Long's Peak Scottish/Irish Festival in Estes Park? It is a 4 day event and always lots of fun, great bands and lots of sessions if it is anything like the last couple of years.
Would anyone be interested?

Ron

Hey Ron and Mack!

This sounds GREAT to me! What sort of dates are we looking at for this? And as it happens I work at one of those cool discount warehouse places and can get the guinness eight pack cans for about ten bucks!

There's also a great little pub here (only one in Utah so far as i know) that has it on tap! But I digress...

Let's GET TOGETHER!!!! Could we do this several times a year even? Denver's only about eight hours drive at worst, and i know GJ is like half that. Mack, you wana have a party?! :smile:

Bri~

P.S. I know several other whistlers in the area who may wish to join us as well! Just need to know what works for all of you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Brian Lee on 2001-06-27 16:14 ]</font>
Ron Rowe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Ron Rowe »

The festival I was talking about is from Thurs. Sept. 6th thru Sun. the 9th. We stay at the KOA campgrounds there. They also have cabins for about $30 a day.
Ron Rowe

Post by Ron Rowe »

forgot, here's the URl for the festival:

http://www.scotfest.com/
Brian Lee

Post by Brian Lee »

I checked out the site there Ron,

Looks a bit pricey with little mention at all about anything Irish. Seems the Scots have got the run of the place as they do in all our festivals here in Utah also.

I'd probably be more interested in just getting togther for a free weekend at a pub somewhere central for all of us and play our hearts out! But let me know if there's a whle bunch more Irish stuff they just don't advertise there.

Bri~
Ron Rowe

Post by Ron Rowe »

There is alot of irish stuff also, but a pub would be fun too. Any Irish pubs in GJ Mack that we could take over for a weekend?

There is also this Irish Festival in the Denver area in AUgust
http://www.coloradoirishfest.org/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ron Rowe on 2001-06-28 11:23 ]</font>
Mack.Hoover
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Mack.Hoover »

Well I'm not much of a party person, but I DO like to make music, and you're always welcome at my place!
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

Hello, all!
That sounds like a LOT of fun! I'm about a four hour drive from Salt Lake, and I'd guess around six from Denver, so they're both reachable. I'd probably let you guys have my share of the guinness, but I'd love to get together with some fellow whistlers (a rare breed in these parts) for some tunes.

Let's do it!

Tom
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
Ron Rowe

Post by Ron Rowe »

So far, with the exception of Mack, it seems like everyone is within 4 hours of Grand Junction. Any good campsites there Mack?
As an obair thagann an fhoghlaim
(learning comes through work)
Mack.Hoover
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Mack.Hoover »

There are! RV or primitive?
Ron Rowe

Post by Ron Rowe »

RV, I'm to damn old to be sleepin on hard rocky ground anymore
:smile:
Brian Lee

Post by Brian Lee »

so Ron,

if I loan you my Burke for an afternoon...canm I bunk with you? :smile:

Bri~
Ron Rowe

Post by Ron Rowe »

Sure thing Brian
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

So, when are we talking about?

I have various gigs and such scattered throughout the summer (I can let you know dates if you want), and school starts up around august 20th. But let me know and if I can get away I'll be there.

Tom
Ron Rowe

Post by Ron Rowe »

Well, now that we have a location picked out we just need to find a date that will work for all of us, so what does everyones schedule look like?
marceemae

Post by marceemae »

Hey guys! I'm usually just a lurker around here, but I couldn't resist mentioning that I think there is a Celtic Festival in Grand Junction on the 22nd of September. My family and I went last year and enjoyed what we were able to see before the wind, rain and hail, blew us back to Utah. Mack we saw you there making whistles. That was before I discovered C&F and I didn't know who you were or I would have said hi. Brian there was a lot of scottish stuff, which suits me because I'm of scottish descent, but there were a couple of Irish pipe bands there and I did hear some good Irish music coming from a tent somehwere. I'm looking forward to going back this year, hopefully the weather will be better. I'm not good enough on the whistle to play for anyone other than my poor unfortunate family and the cats, but If any other C&Fers are going to be there I'd certainly like to meet some of you face to face. It'd be nice to actually meet another person who plays the whistle. I think I'm the only one for at least 140 miles (then there's you Brian).