Sessions/Whistlers near Erie PA?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
avanutria
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Hey all, I am temporarily located in Erie PA for the next three months, and am not inclined to commute three hours to get to the Rochester friday sessions. Does anyone have any information on the whistling scene in the Erie area?
Ailin

Post by Ailin »

Not even the Rochester Sunday session? :smile:
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Not if I need to be at work Monday morning! =)

Although my MD recorder is being FedEx'd as we speak, and I've got the mic. I won't be at the Dec Friday session, and I don't know if I wil be there January or February. It depends on whether I am up for that weekend or not. I will be there in March though!
LeeMarsh

Post by LeeMarsh »

I've been looking for a more precise listing.
However...
There is a weekly session in a pub down by Hamot Hospital, Downtown Erie. I'll keep looking, Ihave the info around here somewhere, just can't find it. In the mean time you might want to call around. My son used to work down at Hamot and he told me about or I found it and told him about it. It was about a year-and-a-half ago.
Hope this helps.
Enjoy Your Music,
Lee Marsh
From Odenton, MD.
avanutria

Post by avanutria »

Thanks Lee! If you or anyone else finds anything, please feel free to post here or email me.

--Beth
emfannon
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by emfannon »

The Erie session is at Sullivan's Pub from 7 to 9pm on Tuesdays. I believe the location is 3rd St. and French St.(near Hamot Medical Center). I know that they will not be playing over the holidays, but I'm not sure if the last session before the holidays is 12/11 or 12/18.
The gentleman who usually coordinates things is Bob Hirsch, the session leader is usually Pam Verrity (fiddle).
Enjoy!
emfannon
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by emfannon »

By the way, I believe there is a monthly session in Buffalo, held on the third Sunday of the month at 6pm at the Buffalo Irish Center.
Also, the Shannon Pub in Buffalo has a weekly session, Sundays @ 3pm.
Check http://www.buffaloirish.com for details.