Does anyone know of software that converts

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Ron Rowe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Ron Rowe »

Midi to sheetmusic or abc? Preferably shareware or freeware?
Tom_Gaul

Post by Tom_Gaul »

Take a look at Melody Assistant at http://www.myriad-online.com/enindex.htm. It will read both midi and ABC files and convert them to sheet music. It will also convert sheet music back to either of these 2 files and many others as well. You can download the program and later register your version if you like it. It only cost $15 when I got mine about a year ago. I have found this program to be absolutely great for transcribing whistle music. It's very easy to indicate grace notes, rolls, slides etc. which I have found quite difficult to do with some of the very expensive music notation programs. It takes a little study to get to know how to use it but a lot can be done with only a few instructions. If you get it and need help, there are a number of users on the board as well as myself who can help out.

Best wishes, Tom

P.S. Forgot to mention that Melody Assistant also plays the music and lets you select different instruments.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tom_Gaul on 2001-07-11 21:25 ]</font>
Ron Rowe

Post by Ron Rowe »

Thanks Tom
LeeMarsh
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by LeeMarsh »

Ron,

For another 15 bucks you can pick up thier OSR program (Optical Score Recognition) It was designe to let you scan sheet music into the program using an graphics scannner. As soon as I get my scanner fixed, I plan to pick it up. The OSR works hand-in-hand with Melody Assistant.

Just more toys to ...
Enjoy Your Music,
Lee Marsh
From Odenton, MD.