FRIEZE BRITCHES musical notation....

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
fipple96
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by fipple96 »

I recently listened to a rousing version of THE FRIEZE BRITCHES by fellow lister Tony Higgins on the CLIPS & SNIPS page.

I wondered if anyone had the music for this great jig tune. This tune was a highlight from a recent live show that fiddler Tommy Peoples did (with great form!) at the beloved Blarney Star pub, 3 blocks from the Twin Towers....

Does anyone have the notation that can be posted here?
Thanks so much,
Tim.
LeeMarsh
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by LeeMarsh »

I found the following listings in JC's ABC's. You can listen to the midis until you find the version you like and then use the GIF format to get the standard notation.

JC's Search link for <a href=http://ecf-guest.mit.edu/~jc/cgi/abc/fi ... %29>Frieze Britches</a>

Hope this helps,
Enjoy Your Music,
Lee Marsh
From Odenton, MD.
TonyHiggins
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by TonyHiggins »

Thanks, Tim, glad you enjoyed the tune. Just so you know, the version I did was straight out of the L E McCullough's "121 Favorite Irish Session Tunes" book. I hope you didn't already know, so I'm not waisting my fingers here, that it is a great collection of printed music w/ 4 cd's of all the tunes played twice: slowly w/ no ornamentation, slightly faster w/ ornamentation. Whistle on one channel and guitar or piano on other, so you switch off the whistle and karaoke it. Very highly recommended.
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”