Never have too much of a good thing: Cherish the Ladies set

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Mark_J
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Mark_J »

As if Irish Arts Week was not enough of a good thing, Cherish the Ladies is set to perform at Gavin's (a motel/pub/resort) in East Durham on the Wednesday (18) of Irish Arts Week. They are not participating in the teaching, but they will be in town at least for one show. I suspect that the ladies of the Ladies will be around for the first half of that week. They have a gig part way across the country on Thursday (19). I just have to hope that Wednesday is not the Ceili band from Heaven (Bruce, please tell everybody who I missed playing together at the ceili that was AT MY MOTEL!).

Cheers.
BruceW

Post by BruceW »

Mark, I asssume you're referring to the 2 1/2 hrs listening to the ceili band composed of Mary Bergin on whistle, James Kelly on fiddle, Billy McComisky on button accordian, Ged Foley on guitar, Myron Breatholz on bodran and bones, and Mary's sister (and Joe's wife) Antoinette McKenna on harp.

Incredible.
Mark_J

Post by Mark_J »

Thanks, Bruce.

Thats Exactly what I did not get to see. I still feel deprived from your description of thier performance and the standing ovation granted by the dancers. Dumb night I picked to get some sleep. Sleep is rare at East Durham during that week.
jgrogers

Post by jgrogers »

Mark, I was there. Don't worry, you didn't miss much, the dancers were already standing.
:wink:(Just trying to make you feel better.)
John