Adler Heinrich Whistle

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
skh
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Adler Heinrich Whistle

Post by skh »

Dear Board,

has anybody ever laid eyes, hands, or lips on a wood whistle made by Adler Heinrich, Germany? You can have a look at them at:

http://www.adler-heinrich.de/cgi-bin/pr ... grup_id=19

I will try to find a shop in my area that has them, and will certainly try them out and report, but I'm very curious if anybody knows these instruments and can comment on them.

Sonja
Shut up and play.
Jack

Post by Jack »

I hear they're way out of tune...
Bloomfield
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Bloomfield »

They are known under several names, in the States most often Weltmeister. Run a search, they have been discussed in the past. Gist: loud in the second octave, and require an oxx xxo c-natural. Raph Sweet (Sweetheart Whistles) for a while improved them and sold them on his website. I played on of them that Ralph brought along to a session, and it was interesting. Pretty forceful, but not unpleasant at all. And hands down the cheapest wooden tin whistle you can get if you are into that sort of thing.
/Bloomfield
ErikT

Post by ErikT »

I own one and I've reviewed it somewhere in the past. It has never been my favorite, but I've always said that it is worth what I paid for it. I recently picked it up again and had a fun go at it, so it may be growing on me. Still a hard top end (doesn't flip well from high B to C) but it was satisfying none-the-less. Definately needs to be played with the tuning slide out 1/4" and it will likely need teflon on the slide which is a bit loose.

Like I said, worth the money for an experiment.
Erik
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

They sell them at Elderly's under the name Weltmeister.
There is a review of them on this site under high end whistles.

I tried two of them. One was pretty good, the other not. Had a rough time keeping the high octave high. Very loud though.

Not as difficult as a Chieftain for keeping in the upper octave.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
antstastegood

Post by antstastegood »

Bloomfield wrote:And hands down the cheapest wooden tin whistle you can get if you are into that sort of thing.
Cut freshly from the wood of the tin tree? :-? :D
Unreasonable person,
ants
|___|)____________O___O___O___o__O___O_____|
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

I played a pre=Sweetened one and can't say I liked it much. The post-Sweetened whistle was nice enough....a bit more expensive, but no where near the cost of a Sweetheart. Still the cheapest wooden whistle is a Cooperman. The fact that it plays at all is astonishing.
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

I have a Cooperman maple whistle. Lovely to look at and really annoying to play. For $15, what do you expect, though?

Still, if I knew how to properly tweak wooden whistles to play better, I'd look into buying the Coopermans wholesale and make a bit of cash selling the proper versions for $25. Who here wouldn't pay that for a wood whistle that plays decently?

But I don't know how to do that. So, we'll just have to wait for the assorting tweaking genii on the board to figure it out and start businesses that will let us buy decent Coopermans.

-Patrick
hove64
Tell us something.: i love tin whistle. l love Irish music.
i have few flutes. i play a lot by ear.
100 is too much to write.
i am getting myself bored.

Re: Adler Heinrich Whistle

Post by hove64 »

[Thread revival. -- Mod]

my bro just bought me an Adler high D.
it is great!
nice ringing sound, and is in tune.
It has big holes, which make sliding a treat.

50 EU in Hanover.

i love it!