FS: Goldie High D, Susato Oriole High D, Susato Kildare VS High E

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Cyberknight
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I live in the Boston area and like to play in sessions. I've played whistle for 10+ years and flute for 6 months.

FS: Goldie High D, Susato Oriole High D, Susato Kildare VS High E

Post by Cyberknight »

I'd like to sell the following items (hopefully I posted this properly - sorry if I didn't, mods!):

Goldie High D: this was made in 2013, according to the marking on the inside. I purchased it in good-as-new condition from the Irish Flute Store a few months ago (the previous owner must have not used it at all, because it had zero signs of wear around the holes). It's a "soft blower," which is to say that it has the MAXIMUM size windway for a Goldie soprano whistle, and the LOWEST amount of back pressure. It's got a 45-degree drop-off on the windway, as opposed to a 90-degree drop-off (in other words, it's one of the louder versions of his high Ds). It's in very good condition, since I only played it for a few months.

It plays extremely well and can play in tune with almost perfectly balanced volume between the two octaves. The second octave is very easy on the ears and not too piercing. When playing in sessions, I consistently got compliments on the sweetness and character of its tone, which is chirpy and almost piccolo-like. The only reason I'm selling it is that I purchased a brand new Goldie high D that plays almost exactly the same, but I like it a tiny bit better because it's marginally louder.

I bought it for around $300, and I'm asking for $250 (I'll likely pay for shipping myself). If anyone's interested, I have a video of me playing some jigs and reels on it so you can get an idea of what it sounds like.

Susato Oriole High D: Pretty straightforward. Barely used. Good whistle for sessions. $30 (I'll likely pay for shipping myself).

Susato Kidare VS High E: this whistle is fairly loud, even though it's a VS model, but it's quieter and takes less air than a Kildare S model. Very useful for transposing from G to A or for playing in keys like E major, F sharp minor, B major, B dorian, etc. As I've mentioned in some of my posts, it isn't really the style of whistle that I like; it has a squeaky-clean tone with zero "chiff," and it requires a lot of "push" in the second octave to get it into tune. However, I'm sure a lot of people who don't have my particular preferences would enjoy playing it. It's as good as new, because I bought it recently and rarely play it.

I bought it for around $80. Selling it for $50 (I'll likely pay for shipping myself).
Tou-Che

Re: FS: Goldie High D, Susato Oriole High D, Susato Kildare VS High E

Post by Tou-Che »

Hello, Is the Goldie D still available? Send me PM or Email to chat. Thanks,
Cyberknight
Tell us something.: I live in the Boston area and like to play in sessions. I've played whistle for 10+ years and flute for 6 months.

Post by Cyberknight »

Tou-Che wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:41 am Hello, Is the Goldie D still available? Send me PM or Email to chat. Thanks,
Hi, Tou-Che! Yes, it's still available. But I'm not sure how I send PMs on this forum. :-? Can a mod (or someone else) explain if this is possible/how to do this? Alternatively, you can email me at debategdb@gmail.com about it.
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Cyberknight wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:17 am
Tou-Che wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:41 am Hello, Is the Goldie D still available? Send me PM or Email to chat. Thanks,
Hi, Tou-Che! Yes, it's still available. But I'm not sure how I send PMs on this forum. :-? Can a mod (or someone else) explain if this is possible/how to do this? Alternatively, you can email me at debategdb@gmail.com about it.
Click the link for the user's name. You'll be taken to their profile page. At the bottom, there's a "send private message" link.
│& ¼║: ♪♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ :║
Cyberknight

Post by Cyberknight »

Wanderer wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:23 am
Cyberknight wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:17 am
Click the link for the user's name. You'll be taken to their profile page. At the bottom, there's a "send private message" link.
"Send private message" is not an option when I click on a user's name. It never has been.
Cyberknight

Post by Cyberknight »

Loren
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

You appear to have PM’s disabled. You will need to turn this option on in your control panel.
Last edited by Loren on Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loren
Make a new plan, Stan
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

By “you”, I mean Cyberknight.
Cyberknight

Post by Cyberknight »

Loren wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:04 pm By “you”, I mean Cyberknight.
When I go to preferences, I already have "allow other users to send you private messages" checked. There's also a "private messages" tab on my profile, but when I click on it, it just says "You are not authorised to read private messages."

Other than that, I can't find any option for PMs.
Loren
Make a new plan, Stan
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Cyberknight wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:06 pm
When I go to preferences, I already have "allow other users to send you private messages" checked. There's also a "private messages" tab on my profile, but when I click on it, it just says "You are not authorised to read private messages."
Hmmm, well in that case I guess the question is: Exactly who did you piss off that revoked your privileges? :lol:
Cyberknight

Post by Cyberknight »

Loren wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:09 pm
Cyberknight wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:06 pm
Hmmm, well in that case I guess the question is: Exactly who did you piss off that revoked your privileges? :lol:
:lol: Absolutely no idea. I mean, people have gotten a bit annoyed with me on here from time to time, but I never PMed anyone and don't ever remember receiving a PM, so I'm not sure why that privilege in particular would be revoked.

I could be mistaken, but I don't think I could *ever* PM people on here; I vaguely remember trying shortly after making my account and being unable to. I thought it just wasn't a feature of this forum.

If someone wouldn't mind PMing a moderator on this issue for me, I'd really appreciate it. I'd PM a mod myself, but...well, I can't. :P
Loren
Make a new plan, Stan
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Cyberknight wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:15 pm :lol: Absolutely no idea. I mean, people have gotten a bit annoyed with me on here from time to time, but I never PMed anyone and don't ever remember receiving a PM, so I'm not sure why that privilege in particular would be revoked.

I could be mistaken, but I don't think I could *ever* PM people on here; I vaguely remember trying shortly after making my account and being unable to. I thought it just wasn't a feature of this forum.

If someone wouldn't mind PMing a moderator on this issue for me, I'd really appreciate it. I'd PM a mod myself, but...well, I can't. :P
I would but you really annoyed me with your posts :twisted:

Post to the support forum, that’s what it’s there for. I’d search it for “can’t PM” or something similar, as well. Might find an answer to your problem (well, one of them anyway :P ), while waiting for a reply.
Cyberknight

Post by Cyberknight »

Loren wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:25 pm
Cyberknight wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:15 pm :lol: Absolutely no idea. I mean, people have gotten a bit annoyed with me on here from time to time, but I never PMed anyone and don't ever remember receiving a PM, so I'm not sure why that privilege in particular would be revoked.

I would but you really annoyed me with your posts :twisted:

Post to the support forum, that’s what it’s there for. I’d search it for “can’t PM” or something similar, as well. Might find an answer to your problem (well, one of them anyway :P ), while waiting for a reply.
I tried posting this in the support forum, and my post was deleted with no response. Very odd.
Loren
Make a new plan, Stan
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

I do see a post from you there, is that a second attempt?
Cyberknight

Post by Cyberknight »

Loren wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:04 pm I do see a post from you there, is that a second attempt?
Correct. But it's possible there was a network error and it just didn't post the first time, I suppose.