Any fancy metronome app recommendations (android)?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Kedster
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm here to explore whistles! Traditional Turkish flute (Ney) player originally, racking my melancholic neys for the sweeter and more jovial whistles!

Any fancy metronome app recommendations (android)?

Post by Kedster »

Hey there fellas. So as the title suggests I'm looking for a fancy metronome app for android that has a more palatable sound than my Natural Metronome. I wouldn't mind shelling out a few bucks for something good, if it actually has a sound that is not as dull as uncooked potatoes. Being able to drum-machine a simple beat would be an amazing plus!
Solas691
Tell us something.: Am an Uilleann piper in my spare time although I had to restart my career after a bad accident twice years ago when I lost the feeling in my right hand and arm along due to nerve damage

Re: Any fancy metronome app recommendations (android)?

Post by Solas691 »

There’s an excellent Bodhrán metronome on YouTube. Just type in ‘bodhran’ metronome
The Danish Piper
Tell us something.: I am a original a piper and play the Highland Pipes and Scottish smallpipes and have done so for 17 years
About 1,5 years ago i took up the Low Whistle and really enjoy that as well.

Post by The Danish Piper »

I have used the ‘bodhran metronome' from YouTube as well. It works pretty good and is in a lot of tempis.
It is usually in Jig and Reel mode on YouTube, as much as I can find.
Not many for Hornpipes I think.
Playing music since 2006
Whistle and different sets of bagpipes.
Moof
Tell us something.: My motto: If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing badly. (Fortunately, as otherwise I'd never be allowed near a musical instrument.)

Post by Moof »

Jon Antonsson has one on his website with reels, jigs and slip jigs: https://www.tunesandtools.com/tools

I missed having hornpipes, so I downloaded a YouTube track from a bodhrán tutor who provides simple versions of dance rhythms for learners to play along with. I looped it using Audible until it was long enough to back a set of hornpipes, exported it as mp3s at two different speeds (the speed I normally play at, plus a slower one for learning new tunes) and stuck the results on my phone. It works fine.