"Pan whistle" connecting multiple whistles

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
hatao
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

"Pan whistle" connecting multiple whistles

Post by hatao »

The Pan whistle is a newly developed device created using a 3D printer. The connectors are designed with a diameter of 1mm increments, allowing for the attachment of whistles of various sizes, from tin whistles to low whistles. Additionally, by connecting the mouthpiece, there is no air leakage from the gaps when playing multiple whistles simultaneously.

By using this device, you can expand the range of the tin whistle, freely transpose, and explore new possibilities in playing.

Here, soprano D and alto A pipes have been connected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMsv67jbCF8

Tunes: "Elizabeth Kelly's Delight," "Donald Willie and his Dog," "Chloe's Passion" (Slip Jigs)
Japanese Wooden Flute & Whistle player.
The Danish Piper
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am a original a piper and play the Highland Pipes and Scottish smallpipes and have done so for 17 years
About 1,5 years ago i took up the Low Whistle and really enjoy that as well.

Re: "Pan whistle" connecting multiple whistles

Post by The Danish Piper »

Thats very nice.
I have seen some other whistle-like instruments, that was a bit like it. But not anything like this.
I imagine it is somehing that takes quite some time to get used to.
Doesn't it feel like the whistle you are not playing, is in the way and hinder a bit of fingermovement?

To quickly swith between whistles, is very nice. I can see som good possibilities in this.
Playing music since 2006
Whistle and different sets of bagpipes.