What is this whistle?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
jim stone

What is this whistle?

Post by jim stone »

On the second half of this tune, John Sheahan is playing a D whistle. What is it? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLYh6Pj_y30
Mr.Gumby
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

You can see him play that all over the place, I have always thought it was somewhere on the Goldie type spectrum but haven't given it much thought or closer scrutiny. Plenty of images online that give a close look that may or may not help you identify it.

See also here and here
My brain hurts

Sirchronique
Tell us something.: I like whistles, flutes, lyres, cittern/mandolin/bouzouki family instruments, as well as heavy and nasty slap bass. Languages, linguistics, history (especially Migration Period and Bronze Age Europe), cuisine from various parts of Latin America, chili growing, bushcraft, and the works of JRR Tolkien also tickle my fancy.

Re: What is this whistle?

Post by Sirchronique »

Either Goldie or Overton, it seems.
ecadre
Tell us something.: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: What is this whistle?

Post by ecadre »

It's an Overton, I know because of a conversation I had back in the day with someone (wracking my brains to remember his name) who used to work with Bernard.