Killarney whistle engraving

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
armlann
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Killarney whistle engraving

Post by armlann »

Does anyone have a Killarney whistle from 2016 or earlier? I got mine on a trip to Ireland and I've noticed that the head is engraved now (mine is not) Just making sure I didn't get a weird knock off. TIA!

Jon
В Правде новостей нет, а в Известиях нет правды.
Sirchronique
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I like whistles, flutes, lyres, cittern/mandolin/bouzouki family instruments, as well as heavy and nasty slap bass. Languages, linguistics, history (especially Migration Period and Bronze Age Europe), cuisine from various parts of Latin America, chili growing, bushcraft, and the works of JRR Tolkien also tickle my fancy.

Re: Killarney whistle engraving

Post by Sirchronique »

I have a couple of the very early ones. They are not engraved.

But I don’t think you got a knock-off. They engrave them now.

We wouldn’t want to get a knock-off of a knock-off. :lol:
armlann
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by armlann »

Like clones? Fading after multiple copies? Maybe we'll end up with straws! Thanks for the information.

Jon
В Правде новостей нет, а в Известиях нет правды.
bigsciota

Post by bigsciota »

I have a D from 2015 and and Eb from 2018, both have no markings at all. I think with a few makers out there now making similar-style whistles they must have figured it'd be good to put their branding on there. I actually quite like the unmarked look, the script they're using for the engraving is a little too busy for me.
gbyrne
Tell us something.: I play whistle and flute. I started learning 3 years ago. I like this website and TheSession too. This should be enought for you to know I am not a weirdo spammer.

Post by gbyrne »

The branding is recent years. I've had two Killarney whistles 2016, 2018 - neither had any etching in the head. They are legit - that's the way they come nowadays - and available A,Bb,C,D,Eb keys.