Other music

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
ofloyd

Other music

Post by ofloyd »

So, what other styles of music to like to play on your whistles other than ITM? I also like to play some early music dances. The whistle just seems to fit.
Pyroh

Post by Pyroh »

I really like to play carols on it, and arabic music the most - it´s probably not built for it, but at least one can practise half holing really well :-)
brewerpaul
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Pyroh wrote:I really like to play carols on it, and arabic music the most - it´s probably not built for it, but at least one can practise half holing really well :-)
If you like Arabic music, you need to get one of Dan Bingamon's Ahava Rabah whistles. It's tuned to a Middle Eastern scale, so anything you play comes out sounding very exotic. They're very reasonably priced too-- lots of fun!
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Bothrops
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Bothrops »

I also play songs from a spanish band who doesn't have a specific style, but it's my favorite one :wink:

For example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH961chmni8

Or for example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amHsAm1TXFk
Gabriel
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Gabriel »

I like to play jazz on the whistle.
Pyroh

Post by Pyroh »

brewerpaul wrote:
Pyroh wrote:I really like to play carols on it, and arabic music the most - it´s probably not built for it, but at least one can practise half holing really well :-)
If you like Arabic music, you need to get one of Dan Bingamon's Ahava Rabah whistles. It's tuned to a Middle Eastern scale, so anything you play comes out sounding very exotic. They're very reasonably priced too-- lots of fun!
Thanks for the link, sir! I checked his site and it sounds just awesome...as soon as I muster some money, I´ll sure buy one.
plunkett5

Post by plunkett5 »

In addition to playing ITM, I'm in a group that performs Civil War era music. The whistle works perfectly for some of those great old folk songs. In both styles I mostly use a low G and low A which matches a tenor's vocal range.
DreamOgreen

Post by DreamOgreen »

I like to scour used book and music stores for old Flute and Recorder rennaissance and barouqe music. A lot of it is pushing my abilities in the sight reading and playing skills department, but I enjoy the challenge.
Rod Sprague

Post by Rod Sprague »

I lean toward playing country and western, bluegrass, and old timey music and a bit of classical, jazz and popular music, as suits my mood. I also like to play around improvising with those styles.
hydromel89

Post by hydromel89 »

I play FTM, mostly Breton (Andro, Hanter Dro), but also cercles (might be Breton as well), scottiches, avants deux (Breton also), bourrées, waltz and mazurkas (altough those are not typically french, obviously).
falkbeer

Post by falkbeer »

Swedish folk music and classical music.
The future is bright - let´s buy shades!
http://www.sibeliusmusic.com/cgi-bin/wh ... usclassics
walrii

Post by walrii »

Christmas carols, the Beatles and the Moody Blues. You have to pick and chose on the rock tunes - the Beatles sometimes use accidentals that require half-holing on some strange notes.
The Walrus

What would a wild walrus whistle if a walrus could whistle wild?

The second mouse may get the cheese but the presentation leaves a lot to be desired.
evenstr

Post by evenstr »

I like to figure out some of the whistle intros the group Within Temptation loves to put in their music...to taunt me, I suspect.

Edited for spelling.
IDAwHOa
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

What's ITM???? :-?

:P
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Denny

Post by Denny »

internet toot music, innit? :-?

....pretty sure it wasn't infernal toot music... :oops: