I sat on my Sindt!!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
DaveAuty
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play the whistle, I used to play flute but have Dupuytren's contracture so can only play whistle now which is fine. Mostly play sessions around Canterbury Kent area.

Post by DaveAuty »

I have a tale of woe..or nearly... My Sindt a D which I love dearly, being in its sleeve with a Generation C slipped under my butt. "I’ve sat on my Sindt!!" what a pleb what an utter tit!! "Oh why you dick did you choose that place to sit??" My Sindt it’s bent right on the top hole!!... Ah well might as well try and straighten it out...slowly, gingerly...Please, please don’t snap??... so far so good. Try a quick note...mmm, another...mmmm...a tune...Yipeee!! It’s okay! Just a little battle scar...Phew!!

Moral. Don’t leave your whistle’s laying about.

Dave.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DaveAuty on 2001-07-06 07:19 ]</font>
brewerpaul
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Learned the same message, but cheaper, when I sat on a Shaw D.
Betcha John woulda fixed you up with a new whistle body at very little cost if necessary
TonyHiggins
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by TonyHiggins »

I was sitting on an industrial strenth "plastic" picnic bench playing my brass Burke. I shook the condensation out and smacked the far end on the bench. (I felt like I had just smacked a baby on the head.) It put an inward bend on the end of the tube, which I was able to almost completely straighten out. Then a guy accidentally packed my whistle with his stuff at a session and when he gave it back, he was paranoid that he had bent the end. I reassured him it was my doing. I guess that serves him right for snagging my instrument when he closed his music book on it. (A likely story, huh?)