Can anyone recognize this whistle?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Average Whistler
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Recovering Whistle Obsessive Acquisition Disorder sufferer. Started too late in life to be great, but good enough for my own enjoyment. Recently started learning Irish flute.

Can anyone recognize this whistle?

Post by Average Whistler »

Does anyone recognize this whistle... I came across it, it doesn't have any maker markings but the construction looked different from all the online generics out there and I thought I would reach out to the community to see if it is from a lesser-known maker. Thank you!
RoberTunes
Tell us something.: I am a flute, guitar, keyboard + whistle player learning about quality whistles, musical possibilities and playing techniques. I've recorded a CD of my own music and am creating music for kids.

Re: Can anyone recognize this whistle?

Post by RoberTunes »

Are there any markings on it whatsoever, such as etched designs, marks for the tuning slide, anything at all?
Does it play very well and is the construction quality seeming average or excellent?
First inclination is to suspect it might be an earlier Nick Metcalf or Talmadge design. Really can't help further than that.
Did you buy it used? Price? Where?
Average Whistler
Tell us something.: Recovering Whistle Obsessive Acquisition Disorder sufferer. Started too late in life to be great, but good enough for my own enjoyment. Recently started learning Irish flute.

Re: Can anyone recognize this whistle?

Post by Average Whistler »

Oh, the hazards of trying to buy things online these days... I asked some rather specific questions and asked for a close-up photo of the area under the windway to see if there were any markings. The photo I got back was clearly from a different whistle than the original photo. I declined the sale immediately.

Sadly this was from someone in Canada who had an (apparently) established online presence... I want to believe that it was a mistake on the seller's part, and not that scammers are going to extraordinary lengths to convince the public they are real people before they sell their trash goods or simply take my money without delivering anything.

AW