Michael Hamilton, tinwhistle maker?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
avanutria
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Michael Hamilton, tinwhistle maker?

Post by avanutria »

Hi all, does anyone know any contact details for whistle maker Michael Hamilton? I bought the book he sells through Amazon but there is a missing page (which others mention in the reviews, so it's not an Amazon error) and I'd love to get in touch about it. However, it looks like it was set up 13 years ago so I don't know if he is around anymore. There is no contact information in the book, although he does say "contact me" at one point.
khl
Tell us something.: Longtime member of Chiff and Fipple. I own/have owned more whistles than a person should, I think. But I’m not complaining.

Re: Michael Hamilton, tinwhistle maker?

Post by khl »

Not a tin whistle maker. The audio stuff he sold was not real whistle or bagpipe, but all computer generated, and terrible at that. (There was a whole thread in this over a decade ago.) Since that time, much has happened:

https://www.complaintsboard.com/michael ... on-c107706

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ndca/pr/so ... aud-scheme
Keith
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Huh, interesting. I wonder if the "how to make a whistle" book was even his content or taken from someone else. I'll have to google some of the phrases and see if it was someone's website instructions or something.

Thanks!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

With all that's happened, how is it that Amazon still sells his stuff?
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
khl
Tell us something.: Longtime member of Chiff and Fipple. I own/have owned more whistles than a person should, I think. But I’m not complaining.

Post by khl »

Back in 2006/7, a number of us wrote letters to Amazon. They essentially did nothing. The guy told Amazon folks were ganging up on him. Had the negative reviews removed. (Any positive reviews were done by friends, family, business associates.)
Keith
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

khl wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:45 am Back in 2006/7, a number of us wrote letters to Amazon. They essentially did nothing. The guy told Amazon folks were ganging up on him. Had the negative reviews removed. (Any positive reviews were done by friends, family, business associates.)
Well then, the best thing here is for us to keep our fellow Chiffers duly apprised.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
avanutria

Post by avanutria »

I found the original source of the content of the whistle book.

http://dennishavlena.com/low-d.htm

I reported it to Amazon but it sounds like they won't do anything. Thank you for the information. Sorry to hear about the scams, and I'm glad he was held accountable.