New Stainless Steel High E with Mountain top and Eagle Engraving

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Dreday
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I started playing recorders until I found Kerry whistles and fell in love with the tone, different sizes and low maintenance.1

New Stainless Steel High E with Mountain top and Eagle Engraving

Post by Dreday »

Engraving detail: https://youtu.be/RqB03IlWnac

Video Sound Sample: https://youtu.be/FZYgA3xK3Rc

Maker is Alex DeWilde: https://www.hhfi.biz/about.html

This was my recent custom order!
Mr.Gumby

Re: New Stainless Steel High E with Mountain top and Eagle Engraving

Post by Mr.Gumby »

You are posting an awful lot on one maker's behalf. People will almost start thinking you are a mere sockpuppet if you are not more subtle about it. :poke:
My brain hurts

Dreday
Tell us something.: I started playing recorders until I found Kerry whistles and fell in love with the tone, different sizes and low maintenance.1

Post by Dreday »

I’m posting because this what I choose to post! I post these whistles because I feel they need to be seen by people interested in whistles. I don’t get anything from the maker to post this. I don’t even think he knows. Thanks for you comment!
RoberTunes
Tell us something.: I am a flute, guitar, keyboard + whistle player learning about quality whistles, musical possibilities and playing techniques. I've recorded a CD of my own music and am creating music for kids.

Post by RoberTunes »

Looks very interesting, especially the part about it being made of stainless steel, which is not yet common for whistles.
Durability, easy-clean, precision-crafted.
Keep posting updates on new quality whistles! Hermit Hill makes excellent whistles.
I see good times ahead for musicians with good instruments, and for clowns in toy stores, using toy instruments, who sound ridiculous.
Dreday

Post by Dreday »

RoberTunes wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:16 pm Looks very interesting, especially the part about it being made of stainless steel, which is not yet common for whistles.
Durability, easy-clean, precision-crafted.
Keep posting updates on new quality whistles! Hermit Hill makes excellent whistles.
I see good times ahead for musicians with good instruments, and for clowns in toy stores, using toy instruments, who sound ridiculous.
Thank you! Much appreciated for your comment! You definitely understand!! 😊
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

Why not channel your enthusiasm for these whistles by talking about your own experiences with say, your two E whistles and post some clips of your own playing. Just repeatedly posting the maker's videos and links just makes it look like you are performing a covert marketing exercise. It's not like something like that hasn't happened before. CPs informing about new models etc. are perfectly fine while even a hint of something being off will not work in your, or the maker's favour in the long run.

That's my take on it anyway and the reason for my response above. Sorry if I am getting the wrong end of the stick but it's the impression I get from your posts. I will leave it at that.
My brain hurts

Dreday

Post by Dreday »

Mr.Gumby wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:48 am Why not channel your enthusiasm for these whistles by talking about your own experiences with say, your two E whistles and post some clips of your own playing. Just repeatedly posting the maker's videos and links just makes it look like you are performing a covert marketing exercise. It's not like something like that hasn't happened before. CPs informing about new models etc. are perfectly fine while even a hint of something being off will not work in your, or the maker's favour in the long run.

That's my take on it anyway and the reason for my response above. Sorry if I am getting the wrong end of the stick but it's the impression I get from your posts. I will leave it at that.
What does it matter who is playing the whistle me or the maker? Certainly I would assume the people here would rather hear the maker actually playing a whistle he or she built. I do give a link to the whistle being played so that’s all that really matters.. jeeze I was just so proud and happy of my new beautiful sounding and looking whistle and wanted to show the forum so that others could possibly buy one if they chose…
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

What does it matter who is playing the whistle me or the maker?
Work it out for yourself. I have said my piece.
My brain hurts

NicoMoreno
Tell us something.: I just wanted to update my location... 100 characters is a lot and I don't really want to type so much just to edit my profile...

Post by NicoMoreno »

Dreday wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:45 am What does it matter who is playing the whistle me or the maker?
Makers are limited to one commercial post per month, but if they get someone else to post for them, they can circumvent this rule. Or at least it can appear that this is what they're doing.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

NicoMoreno wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:40 pm
Dreday wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:45 am What does it matter who is playing the whistle me or the maker?
Makers are limited to one commercial post per month, but if they get someone else to post for them, they can circumvent this rule. Or at least it can appear that this is what they're doing.
Needless to say, we've actually had this happen, so it's not a matter of unfounded paranoia. One's favorite whistle is great and all, but there comes a point where we're no longer interested, and would rather hear what you're doing with it. It's not that mention of your whistle is considered bad, but it's all in how you do it. We have a couple of terms for those who repeatedly - note the word "repeatedly" - post their enthusiasm on behalf of a particular maker or artist: "shill", and "sockpuppet". Don't be that person, because if we decide it's subversive promotion, that's subject to disciplinary action, and opportunities for appeal are distant to nonexistent. Yeah, we're hardnosed about some things. There's a reason for it.

If it's just a lapse done in all innocence, now's the time to put an end to it.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
Narzog
Tell us something.: Can play several instruments at an unimpressive level. Currently most interested in whistling with a side of acoustic guitar.

Post by Narzog »

I totally get the trying to support the less known maker thing. I've intentionally bought from less known makers to try them out, and try to recommend them to others when fitting (for the ones I liked, some sucked and I've never recommended haha). Especially as a novice whistle maker, I'd want players of my instruments to recommend me, so I recommend my favorite makers when I can. That said, you don't want to sound like an ad. My advice is to just hang out here and talk about whistles, which is fun and why most of us are here. People are constantly comparing whistles and looking for recommendations. That becomes an excellent time to up talk your favorite maker, hopefully in a case that you think it would be a good fit for what they want.