FS: MK Pro Low D whistle

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Sandra S.
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am a retired piper from Chicago and purchased a MK Pro Low D Whistle in May 2021, thinking I would enjoy playing it. However, it's not my thing and I would like to sell it.
I tried listing it on the bagpipe forum I belong to, but my post was not accepted since they really only buy and sell items related to piping. So, I remembered coming here in the past and reading a lot of posts, gathering information before my purchase, so I thought I would try to sell my whistle here.

FS: MK Pro Low D whistle

Post by Sandra S. »

Dark Green MK Pro Low D whistle. like new. purchased May 2021 and used very little $300
Byll
Tell us something.: Long ago, I was told that I faked iTrad whistle work very well. I took that comment to heart. 20 years of private lessons - and many, many hours of rehearsal later - I certainly hope I have improved...

Re: FS: MK Pro Low D whistle

Post by Byll »

Sandra: I attempted a private message, but it seems you might not be set up to receive them.

I play a green MK Pro low f, on stage. While I am satisfied with my black Howard low D, I have always wanted to purchase one of Mischa's MK Pro low D whistles in green. When I last checked with him in Scotland, his green and black low Ds were out of stock.

In perusing his site, I also checked his current prices, and I noted that the price on your used low D is higher than a new instrument from Scotland. If you ever decide to lower the price for your instrument, please consider me interested.
'Everything Matters...'
Lisa Diane Cope 1963-1979
msupples
Tell us something.: I play the flute, uilleann pipes, highland pipes, whistles, and a few other things. [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Post by msupples »

Byll wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:13 pm Sandra: I attempted a private message, but it seems you might not be set up to receive them.

I play a green MK Pro low f, on stage. While I am satisfied with my black Howard low D, I have always wanted to purchase one of Mischa's MK Pro low D whistles in green. When I last checked with him in Scotland, his green and black low Ds were out of stock.

In perusing his site, I also checked his current prices, and I noted that the price on your used low D is higher than a new instrument from Scotland. If you ever decide to lower the price for your instrument, please consider me interested.
Do do you figure?

MK Pro is £249 (GBP), which is $346 (USD) per the MK website. Then shipping is another $25 for a total of $371 shipped from Scotland.
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

msupples wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:53 am MK Pro is £249 (GBP), which is $346 (USD) per the MK website. Then shipping is another $25 for a total of $371 shipped from Scotland.
That is correct. They had raised the prices relatively recently by approx. 20%, and of course will add on taxes, not included in that pricing (Sales Tax or VAT depending on the country), plus the buyer is responsible for any customs import fees. A pull-down menu will now also show the product pricing in your local currency, such as USD.
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
msupples
Tell us something.: I play the flute, uilleann pipes, highland pipes, whistles, and a few other things. [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Post by msupples »

I'll add, I had emailed Sandra maybe a week ago and it was available. It just so happened one also popped up on Irish Flute Store that same day and I purchased from Blayne.

It's an excellent low D Whistle and worth the price new, and definitely worth $300 used.
Byll
Tell us something.: Long ago, I was told that I faked iTrad whistle work very well. I took that comment to heart. 20 years of private lessons - and many, many hours of rehearsal later - I certainly hope I have improved...

Post by Byll »

Thank you for the correct information.
'Everything Matters...'
Lisa Diane Cope 1963-1979