FS: Whistle and pipe books

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
scotta
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

FS: Whistle and pipe books

Post by scotta »

1. The Collection of Pipe Friendly Tunes by John Walsh. Contents: 196 page + Index: 515 tunes, including:130 Jigs; 26 single Jigs & Slides; 22 Slip Jigs; 214 Reels; 39 Hornpipes; 16 Set Dances; 23 Polkas; 19 Airs; 25 And the Rest (Marches, Set Pieces, Planxtys). Very good condition. New sells for $35, I'm asking $28 including shipping to the COUS.

2. The Low Whistle Book by Steafan Hannigan and David Ledam. 112 pages, plenty of instruction on technique and ornamentation. Great if you are moving from tin whistle or pipes to low whistle. Very good condition, CD included. This book is out of print. A google search indicates they are selling for around $50-$60. I'm asking $40 shipped to COUS.

3. Ireland's Best Tin Whistle Tunes (with guitar chords). 48 pages, 110 tunes, 2 CDs included. Fair condition. New price is $35, I'm asking $28 shipped to COUS.
Scott
pancelticpiper
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Re: FS: Whistle and pipe books

Post by pancelticpiper »

Friendly to what sort of pipes? Uilleann? Highland?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Richard Cook
c1980 Quinn uilleann pipes
1945 Starck Highland pipes
Goldie Low D whistle
Mr.Gumby
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Mr.Gumby »

pancelticpiper wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:35 am Friendly to what sort of pipes? Uilleann? Highland?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Richard, I was trying to bring up a link to clarify the content of the book in question and found five years ago you wrote this on thesession:
It’s a lovely book, that rare book that has, as the title says, pipe-friendly settings.
Perhaps you already know the answer to your question?
My brain hurts

Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

The full title is "The Cumann Na bPiobairí Collection of Pipe-Friendly Tunes" by John Walsh and published by the Irish Pipers' Club in Seattle, WA, USA. The Introduction begins, "This is a collection of tunes for the uilleann pipes."

Best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.