Lir whistles

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
ripleywm
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: 50 something piper interested in whistles. I live in NE Georgia in the USA. I started in Florida about 30 years ago, but I have had several long hiatuses. I've been playing seriously for about 3 years now.

Lir whistles

Post by ripleywm »

Anyone else experiencing difficulties getting deliveries from Lir? They promised they would ship on a certain day and did not. Also, not very responsive.
macuaig
Tell us something.: Played recorders at an intermediate level several decades ago, trumpet years before that. Exploring whistles, piano and guitar these days.

Re: Lir whistles

Post by macuaig »

Maybe they sent yours to yet another musician for yet another review video. Interesting business model.
Narzog
Tell us something.: Can play several instruments at an unimpressive level. Currently most interested in whistling with a side of flute.

Post by Narzog »

macuaig wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:25 pm Maybe they sent yours to yet another musician for yet another review video. Interesting business model.
All I know is that if I ever manage to get good enough at making whistles to sell them, I'm sending them to CutiePie and WhstleTutor. If they recommend them I'll be sold out instantly haha. Every review vid they do has tons of comments saying they just picked one up.
Naturalist
Tell us something.: I have been playing low whistle since 2003 and am interested in joining because I would like to be with a community of people who play the same instrument. I live in the United States and don't know anyone else who plays. My interest is to get better and just engage with this community.

Post by Naturalist »

I agree, CutiePie has done a lot for whistles with her Youtube channel.
TJD4
Tell us something.: I have been learning the whistle for around 2 years and I appreciate the C&F sites wealth of info from more experienced whistlers

Post by TJD4 »

I've been waiting over 2.5 months now and the delivery date they gave me passed nearly a month ago, the whistle was a gift and won't arrive in time now. If they have lots of orders it is understandable but the lack of communication is disappointing.
belayatron
Tell us something.: Been learning the tin whistle for just under 2 years (as of Jan 2020) and wanting to learn more! Currently own about 11 High D whistles, 2 Low Ds, 2 Flutes and favourite tune is probably off to California with a general love of Irish Hornpipes.

Post by belayatron »

There are lots of posts on the Facebook whistle forums (particularly “the Irish whistle” one) of people not receiving orders for many months (and communication stopping) and having to get their money back through PayPal from Lir.
TJD4
Tell us something.: I have been learning the whistle for around 2 years and I appreciate the C&F sites wealth of info from more experienced whistlers

Post by TJD4 »

Thanks belayatron good to know. I'll try and contact them again but but been getting no response at all