53 million plus views for a whistle

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
kenny
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

53 million plus views for a whistle

Post by kenny »

Came across this - by accident - on "Youtube". There can't be that many, if any, video clips featuring whistle that have had over 53 million views :
https://youtu.be/J56VVtlZCGE
"There's fast music and there's lively music. People don't always know the difference"
stiofan
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been a C&Fer since 2003. Currently playing wooden flute & (mainly low) whistles, along with the bowed dulcimer.

Re: 53 million plus views for a whistle

Post by stiofan »

Guess you gotta sport that mohawk-of-sorts along with tattoos on your head, and bounce up & down shirtless while playing with didgeridoo accompaniment. Have you tried that yet? :P

Or just use this:
Auto Replay for Youtube™
RoberTunes
Tell us something.: I am a flute, guitar, keyboard + whistle player learning about quality whistles, musical possibilities and playing techniques. I've recorded a CD of my own music and am creating music for kids.

Post by RoberTunes »

I suspect people found out about the harp and 53million can't be wrong. Harp players are in.
Narzog
Tell us something.: Can play several instruments at an unimpressive level. Currently most interested in whistling with a side of acoustic guitar.

Post by Narzog »

The first song I heard by the band that got me into whistle has 36 Mill on the music video. close contender

https://youtu.be/-w2m-TeLi6I?t=142

And the song I found after hearing the above that really got me into the band and was my primary reason to pick up whistle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1lXdLus2WI
an seanduine

Post by an seanduine »

Kenny, you might catch me playing whistle like that after I had partaken too much of the Aminita Muscaria and woke up inside Le Garage Hermétique or someother episode by Moebius in Métal Hurlant, although I fear I can no longer grow that much hair!

:D Bob
Not everything you can count, counts. And not everything that counts, can be counted

The Expert's Mind has few possibilities.
The Beginner's mind has endless possibilities.
Shunryu Suzuki, Roshi
fatmac
Tell us something.: Kickbiker - at over 70!
:lol:

Post by fatmac »

I like OMNIA's off beat take on things.... :D :thumbsup:

Edit: ELUVEITIE has an interesting take too. :)

.....& just in case you think I'm a teenage moron, I've turned 70! :P :lol:
Keith.
Trying to do justice to my various musical instruments.
Tyler DelGregg
Tell us something.: Whistles are fun, whistles are charming, whistles sound nice, whistles are affordable, whistles make us smile, whistles make dogs bark, and whistles upset some neighbors.

Post by Tyler DelGregg »

I've viewed this myself a few times. They put together a good show. I like the harpist. The whistler needs suspenders. Incidentally, what is that whistle he is playing?
PB+J
Tell us something.: I'm a historian and the author of "The Beat Cop:Chicago's Chief O'Neill and the Creation of Irish Music," published by the University of Chicago in 2022. I live in Arlington VA and play the flute sincerely but not well

Post by PB+J »

It takes a certain kind of man to wear MC Hammer pants. I've never been that man, but maybe it's not too late
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ytliek »

I believe the Omnia numbers. Worldwide exposure on YouTube.

CutiePie on YouTube has done a transcription of Omnia's 'Fee Ra Huri' and the viewing numbers far exceed the general view counts for any of the other videos. Scroll thru the video list and check the view counts. Movie & TV themed videos can also get a higher view count. Not everyone playing the whistle is into traditional music.

https://www.youtube.com/c/CutiePiePipes/videos

This isn't scientific but it is generally speaking.
busterbill

Post by busterbill »

They look like they are having a lot of fun. The "tripleside didgeridoo" (according to wikipedia) seems to pack quite a punch. And the video that automatically fed into my YouTube the Sheenealahi Set has the whistle player sort of channeling Ian Anderson in Jethro Tull's Aqualung. It later moves into some jazz elements that are interesting.

It is a nice combination of instruments and definitely gets the crowd going. I'll have to listen to them again when I have decent speakers at hand. They have carefully crafted a compelling show with lots of energy and great sounds.

And yes, I am not a teenage either. I have actually hit the age when I can honestly say I will not outlive the contents of my sock drawer. :)
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

That many views (it's about 54 1/2 million now and counting) just goes to show, I think, how out of step I am with the world we live in. :(
belayatron
Tell us something.: Been learning the tin whistle for just under 2 years (as of Jan 2020) and wanting to learn more! Currently own about 11 High D whistles, 2 Low Ds, 2 Flutes and favourite tune is probably off to California with a general love of Irish Hornpipes.

Post by belayatron »

I like how happy all the band members seem!
They look like they’re all having a really wonderful time :-)

Re. What whistle is it, I can’t quite make it out but looks similar to a Susato Kildare of some sort.
oleorezinator
Tell us something.: I love uilleann pipes I love tin whistles I love flutes I love irish music I love concertinas I love bodhrans

Post by oleorezinator »

Thanks fer the warning.
Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love.
Love is not music. Music is the best.
- Frank Zappa