Anyone familiar with Dudukoid low d whistles?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
oldteche
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am retired, and have been interested in whistle and flute on and off for many years. Unfortunately, I cannot carry a tune in a paper bag, but I keep trying.

Anyone familiar with Dudukoid low d whistles?

Post by oldteche »

I recently came across aluminum and plastic low d whistles by an ebay seller "Dudukoid" from the Russian Federation. The whistles look well made, and are very inexpensive. I was wondering if anyone was familiar with or had any experience with these whistles?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Low-D-Whistle- ... 890.l49292
ecadre
Tell us something.: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Anyone familiar with Dudukoid low d whistles?

Post by ecadre »

Nathaniel Dowell (a member of this forum) talks about a plastic whistle from this same maker, here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liidEEM9ivc
pancelticpiper
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Post by pancelticpiper »

Interesting, they look a bit like an MK clone.

I wonder about the comfort of the mouthpiece due to the block not coming all the way back.
Richard Cook
c1980 Quinn uilleann pipes
1945 Starck Highland pipes
Goldie Low D whistle
oldteche
Tell us something.: I am retired, and have been interested in whistle and flute on and off for many years. Unfortunately, I cannot carry a tune in a paper bag, but I keep trying.

Post by oldteche »

Thank you for the information. Nathaniel's video and video watcher's comments were a great help.