Apparently sea shanties are the new viral rage; leverage it?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Re: Apparently sea shanties are the new viral rage; leverage

Post by Nanohedron »

TapTheForwardAssist wrote:Ah, meaning "I mark a sheet of paper with 'Wins' and 'Losses', and when I notate the event I'm referring to, I will write it down under the 'Win' category because I think, all things considered, it's a positive thing."

A related but opposing expression of the same metaphor is "take the L", meaning "accept that you have lost the competition in this instance."
Ah, thanks. Keeping up with the latest hep lingo gets harder and harder. :wink:
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
RenaissanceGuy
Tell us something.: I am interested in various forms of traditional and folk music. I've been interested in Uilleann pipes for many years. And now I'm finally learning them!

Post by RenaissanceGuy »

pancelticpiper wrote:
fatmac wrote:Sea Shanty...... ? :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW8Wrs-MDoY
That was much better than I thought it was going to be! Nice-sounding pipes, well in tune, and good playing.

TheSnakeCharmer's pipes are actually this electronic bagpipe made by Redpipes in Germany: https://www.redpipes.eu/shop/en/catalog ... es/avalon/
The chanter and drone sounds are generated electronically, so tuning would be less demanding than a traditional set. Volume is also adjustable.
TapTheForwardAssist
Tell us something.: I play tinwhistle, Swedish bagpipe, Appalachian dulcimer, and Duet Concertina. Here to talk about 3D printing tinwhistle accessories, and get some ideas about tunes for tinwhistle in genres where it's less-commonly used.

Post by TapTheForwardAssist »

RenaissanceGuy wrote:
pancelticpiper wrote:
fatmac wrote: TheSnakeCharmer's pipes are actually this electronic bagpipe made by Redpipes in Germany: https://www.redpipes.eu/shop/en/catalog ... es/avalon/
The chanter and drone sounds are generated electronically, so tuning would be less demanding than a traditional set. Volume is also adjustable.
I was thinking to get a Redpipe in a year or two, but since they're like US$1500 so I'd have to sell off some other gear. But this new electronic MIDI controller for bagpiping, the WARBL, seems to do 90% what the Redpipe does at 17% of the price. So I'm going to get a WARBL first (in addition to my Fagerström TechnoPipes) and see if I can get that where I want it so I won't need the full upgrade.