new Milligan C story

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
preacher
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am in my 70s and played music since fourth grade. Paid gigs include everything starting with church solos in 4th grade, nightclubs starting 9th grade, and worship ministry. Had a 29 year career teaching high school music both choral and instrumental. I've played several instruments starting with trumpet as my main ax. I added flute, sax and keys after college. Early 2000s whistles were added to my arsenal. I'm back to playing again after a 5 year hiatus.

new Milligan C story

Post by preacher »

So since I got back into music again after 5 year hiatus I needed a C whistle that would cut through loud mix at my church. Milligan seemed like a good place to start so I ordered a session C in cocobolo dymondwood with the loud session mouthpiece. Beautiful workmanship and loved everything about it except the air requirement - especially up high. I also play trumpet, flute(Bohem), and sax but this left me huffing and puffing after only a few notes. I was ready to give up on it but went back and saw watched review of D in cocobolo dymondwood but with the practice mouthpiece which sounded decently loud throughout. Not wanting to give up so easily on such a gorgeous looking instrument I sent it off to Gene who is great guy to work with, to be fitted with the "practice" mouthpiece. I now have the perfect whistle for me. Great intonation and nice even volume throughout the range. Actually comes close to the glassy sound of my all-time favorite Boisvert. It can be played softly but you can push it to get the volume I needed. This whistle will get a lot of use! I am glad I didn't give up on it. I will be looking to get an Eb and maybe a few other keys as well.