Feadog questions mk II.5

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
TxWhistler
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I have recently retired and have always wanted to learn to play a musical instrument. I'm leaning to play the whistle and now the flute.

Re: Feadog questions mk II.5

Post by TxWhistler »

Squeakie wrote: Nice whistle rack, Tx!
Thanks, I put that together with some scrap lumber leftover from a woodworking project. It suits my needs. :D
pancelticpiper
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Re: Feadog questions mk II.5

Post by pancelticpiper »

This thread has had a benefit for me: I found a Feadog Pro (black top) I didn't know I had, and when I played it I found out that it's a better player than my Feadog Teo Mk1 (brighter green top).

I had been using that Feadog Teo Mk1 top on a Generation Eb body for the Eb slot in my roll.

Now it's the black Feadog Pro top on that Generation Eb body, which plays great.

About whistle racks, when I was going around doing school gigs with a folk trio I wanted something that would show of all the whistles upright in one straight row so all the kids in the audience could see them. I found a wood necktie rack in a charity shop for a couple dollars, it's piece of hardwood around 3 inches wide and 2.5 feet long with a row of 20-odd narrow wood dowels sticking up. I clamped it to a school-provided 8-foot table with a couple C-clamps for each show, it looks good and can't fall over.
Richard Cook
c1980 Quinn uilleann pipes
1945 Starck Highland pipes
Goldie Low D whistle