Festivals this year?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
ytliek
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Festivals this year?

Post by ytliek »

ytliek wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:04 am Here in Milford, CT the recent decision is to have a live festival in September and bookings are currently taking place.

https://www.facebook.com/milfordirishfestival/

http://www.milfordirish.org/page/21571-Irish-Festival
Milford, CT the decision has been made to cancel the outdoor Irish festival scheduled 9/17 & 9/18 due to continued restrictions being implemented for Covid-19. Oh well, maybe next year in 2022.
Mr.Gumby
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Mr.Gumby »

Ireland has both rising case rate and a (very) high vaccination uptake. Government has decided to wind down restrictions gradually during September and music is on the cards again.

Concerts can go ahead, on condition of mask wearing and proof of vaccination or recovery. Looking forward to my first concert in a year next week. The concertina cruinniu is likely to go ahead as well.
My brain hurts

Mr.Gumby
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Mr.Gumby »

On 6 September live music returned to Ireland, under certain conditions. A year after the last concert I (or anyone else) had been to some fifty people gathered out west last night to hear Iarla Ó Lionáird, Kevin Murphy and Úna Monaghan. It was all socially distanced, mask wearing and entry only with proof of immunity. It was slightly weird, staying seated in the foyer without moving around, people staying pretty much in their own bubbles, only greeting from a distance and leaving the building immediately after things finished. The social aspect of going out and meeting people was a bit lost. Music was delivered in one 90 minute go, without intermission so out the door at 9.30. Great to be there though.

This was part of a Music Network tour. A special piece was commissioned for it, based on a song fragment about the cuckoo by Cuil Aodha singer Máire Ní Cheocháin, Cú-cú-ín. All electronica, loops and samples, intriguing stuff. But that's perhaps for another day.

There's a whole rake of other stuff coming up as well, all fired up about that now, to be honest.
My brain hurts